09-13-2012, 06:40 PM
No more high-g ridge seating either.
Say what? I have a ticket for tomorrow.

rocketman47
09-13-2012, 06:40 PM
What happened!!!???

FuryFan
09-13-2012, 07:05 PM
The announcers were advertising the "high g" tix all day today......I think someone is misinformed.....

Kevin

Eric B
09-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Sorry, I just did not see it in the ticket listing.

AAFO_WSagar
09-14-2012, 01:24 AM
Sorry, I just did not see it in the ticket listing.Eric, no problem with the misunderstanding.. RARA's having a bit of a time right now with their website, it seems from what I can see, in keeping the site up-to-date... someone was doing a redesign and saved the site we all saw a few days ago as http://airrace.org/index2.php. I'll tell ya what, this website stuff is not simple and if you're in charge of an active event site, it's literally at 24/7 deal! I ran the website for Aviation Nation for several years and again, literally, 24/7, book the net if you're on a cruise, check in every night on your then, not-so-smart phone... ensure everything is copacetic kind of deal!

Sometimes, it bites the best of us on the ass..

Not only is the high G seating still available, it's selling out fast, and they've increased the daily capicity to 150, from 100... places still available but as the announcers were saying today, if you want to go out there, get your tickets NOW! Selling out fast! Heck of a deal for a day in a place you'd never get any other way.. Not sure, but I think the fee includes food and drink!

(who else can drink a hundred dollars a day in beer, with eats no less!)

I'd jump on it if I could afford it!

You go RARA!!

Hans Oberev
09-14-2012, 08:35 AM
No more fence? Was heading out Sunday with EZ UP and a cooler full of tasty adult beverages, Coleman stove and hamburger. You mean there is security out there guarding the entrance?

Hans Oberev
09-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Fence: Probably the safest place at Stead. The planes are heading parallel to the fence. Any problems are going to head in that direction unless of course there is different problem in which case the safest place is Truckee. Come on people, it's racing! I know I'm preaching to the choir!

FENCELINER
09-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Land sold to new owner this spring.

Hans Oberev
09-14-2012, 08:44 AM
Who is the land owner? He should through a party and invite all his AAFO friends! I wonder if he/she knows how many new friends he/she has?

RarebearFan77
09-14-2012, 09:13 AM
I was told be fellow "guarding" land... (very nice guy named Nick) that the new owner tried to get a special use permit to charge people but city didn't get it done in time... On record... I would gladly pay to be on the fence!!!!

Hans Oberev
09-14-2012, 09:41 AM
That's good news! So maybe next year! I heard a story about the police tossing everyone out a few years ago after previous landowner caught wind of what was going on. The authorities said, "Mame, do you know you have campers on your land?" The lady, from southern calif. (not having a clue about the Reno Air Races) replied "no" and then asked, "how many people?" The officier replied, "oh about 200 give or take a few motorhomes". I guess she freaked out and ordered everyone off the property immediately!

Fence Sence
09-14-2012, 10:56 PM
That's good news! So maybe next year! I heard a story about the police tossing everyone out a few years ago after previous landowner caught wind of what was going on. The authorities said, "Mame, do you know you have campers on your land?" The lady, from southern calif. (not having a clue about the Reno Air Races) replied "no" and then asked, "how many people?" The officier replied, "oh about 200 give or take a few motorhomes". I guess she freaked out and ordered everyone off the property immediately!

That is 100% inaccurate.

t-dub
09-14-2012, 11:10 PM
That's good news! So maybe next year! I heard a story about the police tossing everyone out a few years ago after previous landowner caught wind of what was going on. The authorities said, "Mame, do you know you have campers on your land?" The lady, from southern calif. (not having a clue about the Reno Air Races) replied "no" and then asked, "how many people?" The officier replied, "oh about 200 give or take a few motorhomes". I guess she freaked out and ordered everyone off the property immediately! That's a pretty TALL story! Totally untrue..............

t-dub
09-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Just so you know, there are still fence areas out there.............

Hans Oberev
09-15-2012, 09:50 AM
I have no way of checking the accuracy of this story but you have to admit it is funny. I was told this story while out there about 3-4 years ago and it happened before then if it did happen. Can't you just see this little old lady listening over the phone while being told of such activities on her property and the ensuing panic over potential wealth eating liability issues?