Camping at the Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping at the Church

My original plans for the races got turned upside down on me so now I'm faced with two choices, come up Friday and camp at the church or leave my place at 5 am and drive up early Saturday. I'd love to make it to the gathering on Friday night, but I need a place to sleep.

What is the deal with camping at the church? Is there/will there be space on Friday? Is there a fee? What do I need to know here? I've got a tent and a sleeping bag all set to go, I just need to know the details.

Thanks,
    Will

Re: Camping at the Church

775 972 7462 give em a call. $22.60 a night, fills up fast.

Comment

You just answered a question I've had in the back of my mind for decades. I never knew for sure if people were being charged (or giving donations) to camp there on the lawn.

Now I know.

(P.S...Sometimes if I reach a site late at night, I might just sleep in the car and put up my tent in the morning when I can see what I'm doing, and so I don't disturb anyone if other campers are sleeping nearby..)

Comment

The two times I went to Reno we camped at the church. It is a hip place in its own way. They have shower facilities, cook a dinner and a breakfast, and there is this krazy group that hangs out around back... It's cool, you'll like it.

Oh, and it is like maybe two blocks from the main gate.

CC
        "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." Albert Einstein

Comment

I gave the church a call and it sounds like there is lots of room. I'll be up sometime tomorrow before the sun goes down, perhaps before the unlimiteds race in the afternoon.

The next question, how does one go about taking pictures out on the ramp at night. Is that a press only thing or can the general public gain access after the show is over? I'd love to do some night photography if possible.

Thanks,
          Will

Comment

The best thing about camping at the church, being awoken before sun up by a Merlin starting out on the ramp . I have no clue who it was, but it was the best alarm clock I've woken up to. Of course I had to go investigate, and that lead to shooting most of the pits at sunrise.

Will

Comment

Working...
            X