Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading to Reno.... Wanting to meet some of you fine people..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading to Reno.... Wanting to meet some of you fine people..

Long time "lurker"....

We were at the races last year camped across from the Church. Had every intention of walking over and trying to find some of you.

Well, we all know what transpired. My friend and I are off duty firemen and ended up helping with the rescue and loading people into the Hueys.

By the time we were finished and it all sunk in, we went back to the motorhome and had some liquid pain killers (martinis).... The next day we walked around aimlessly like everyone else seemed to be doing and decided to head to the Sierra's fishing. RIP all that were lost...

The bright side is we all have races to attend this year. We decided last minute we could make it and are now a few hundred miles out. Will be in tonight late and ready to go tomorrow....

I hope to see some of you around... Anything in particular I could find on the camping spots at the Church signifying AAFO'ers..?? We won't be pests, just nice to say hello to some of you that keep me up to date during the year...

Hope this catches you in good spirits.. Daryl...

Re: Heading to Reno.... Wanting to meet some of you fine people..

We will get by and bring a cold refreshment...

Comment

Aces, thank you so much for helping last year. When i came out of the boxes, somebody pointed me to an aid station, but all I could think was there were lots of folks who needed a lot more help than me. On behalf of those who couldn't walk away, you guys rock.
      No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
      http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

No thanks necessary ignomini... I have been doing this 30 years and have been blessed with a great career (ending soon). That was a horrible day but I am still amazed at how many people were spared that day. GG could have easily ended up in the stands... Please don't think I am minimizing what happened, but the day of the week, where she hit, how many people were not in their seats, etc... I really believe God had a hand in the outcome (with a little help from Jimmy of course) .. You know what I am saying...

It was chaotic and we were lucky to know how to get "plugged in" to the rescue effort without getting in the way... It was a relief to be able to actually help and it made the whole terrible event easier to deal with...

I would really like to point out how well all of the "on field" and "local" firefighters and rescue personnel handled the number of injured. Very impressive. I don't think the "general public" would recognize how well they did..... enough diatribe... We are a couple hours out!!! See you at the races...

Comment

Thank you sir. So how do we find you to say hi and thanks?

Comment

Hello John.. We are at the lot across from the church (in the big lot the church owns ;-) ) In a Phaeton MH with a white Jeep beside.. One row from the street....
            We can travel, just wondering where to find you guys... Come by for a cold one or let us know where to walk to....
            Hope all is well with everyone, great show today.....

Comment

if any body whants to meet me ill be there on sunday all day long

Comment

I'll be at the church camping tomorrow. My car should be easy to find, likely the only graphite black BMW E30 M3 in the lot. I'm going to try to make it up there in time to see the Unlimiteds race in the afternoon. I'm not sure exactly where I'll be setting the tent up.

Will

Comment

Just checked something Very Special off of my 'Bucket List'. I , Finally, got to meet THE Victor Archer. Reno brings out the best in All of us. Please help keep this 'Family AND Event ' alive!!! All who contribute your thoughts and photos take me to many exciting places. Meeting you in one adds to this. Thank You !!!

Comment

Beachboss.. classic story.. On the way out of the races told my friend..(walking by a man with a great camera), I want to meet this guy named Victor that is the KING of photos... You got my wish lol....

We're here until Sunday, looking forward to meeting all of you.. Daryl

Comment

Thanks Daryl I will stop by and say hi .

Comment

Working...
                      X