Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that Sept Fury got in the field but only at just over 400mph. How did it look and sound? I still haven't seen it fly this week. With Furias out (bummer) 232 should be the 3rd or 4th fastest plane out there. Anybody know what issues they are having?

Re: 232

She looked and sounded fine, just not all the way up on power. They've been having a hydraulic or pump related issue(?). Don't quote me on that. I'm guessing they start showing their hand as the week progresses.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ignomini; 09-12-2012, 07:23 AM.
    No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
    http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

I was told that they were having an alternator issue and that they wanted to at least get some kind of time up there...just get "In" and work up from there and work on the problem from that point. Is an alternator issue a big thing?
      "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
      -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Perhaps they're just being safe. Last year they posted a hot qualifying speed, but hurt the engine and could not race. Save it for Sunday

Comment

Thanks for the updates. At least they're in the show. I'm not sure about the seeding. Is their speed fast enough to fly with the golds on Friday or are they going to have to bump up?

Comment

I've heard that only the top 4 will have the break until Friday, so they will most likely have to bump up, since they are in 7th right now...that will change to 6th after Furias is removed from the board, as they were sitting in 3rd
            -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini View Post
              She looked and sounded fine, just not all the way up on power. They've been having a hydraulic or pump related issue(?). Don't quote me on that. I'm guessing they start showing their hand as the week progresses.
              Don't know about hydraulic problems but they were having electrical gremlins earlier... from the sound of Hoot's radio transmissions, (static) they may still be chasing that gremlin.
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

232 is on the ramp...let's see what happens...
                -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
                  I was told that they were having an alternator issue and that they wanted to at least get some kind of time up there...just get "In" and work up from there and work on the problem from that point. Is an alternator issue a big thing?

Yes, the alt is a big deal. That's why Rare Bear has two. All of the pumps run on electricity and if the alt fails the batt follows close behind from all of the high amp draw by the pumps. No pumps, no water, possibly no or reduced endurance boil off or possibly no fuel draw.
                  In any case it's needed for high speed.
                  Chris...

Comment

A few years back when Tiger smoked some pistons in Strega, he was telling a few of us in front of the 7 pit, that something had caused low voltage and the ADI pump flow was reduced, resulting in the molten aluminum.

Comment

Any word on their run-up today?
                      -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by stuntflyr View Post
                        Yes, the alt is a big deal. That's why Rare Bear has two. All of the pumps run on electricity and if the alt fails the batt follows close behind from all of the high amp draw by the pumps. No pumps, no water, possibly no or reduced endurance boil off or possibly no fuel draw.
                        In any case it's needed for high speed.
                        Chris...
                        The Bear only has one, and if it was to die the battery is designed run every thing for an entire race.

Comment

Interesting change. Battery tech is making great strides so it makes sense to go that direction.
                          Chris...

Comment

Just watched the 1st Gold heat.............where'd that come from? GOOD JOB HOOT! Man,looks like you 232-guys got nuthin' to worry about; she's a player! ....of course, there's NO catchin' Strega!

Comment

Never say never....

Comment

Working...
                              X