where is strega?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is strega?

anyone know whats up with the witch? cant seem to find out anywhere. why cant all the fast planes all work in the same year? I know strega can go just as fast as dago. damnitt. if I ever win powerball I swear I will use all that money to fix this sport!!!!!!!!

Well, from what I have read and been told, Tiger is either retired or looking for sponsorship. I'm hoping the latter.

Comment

The "OFFICIAL" word has been Tiger is "DONE". It's a shame, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Clay
      Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

Tiger announced his retirement just before last years races. I believe he would bring the plane back with another pilot if the right amount of sponsership could be obtained. It will not be the same this year without the "witch" out on the course.

Comment

AT present, Streaga is sitting in its hanger without an engine. Tiger amnnounced last year that that was it. He was done. However. Tiger is here in Reno. He is around the Czech Mate pit. Ask him, but I think things are not what they seem... Hopefully more later.
          MG

Comment

Although it will never happen, it would be fun to see Tiger fall into the course about the time they say "Gentlemen you have a race" on Sunday. Hell, it will be strange for him not to be there this year.

Clay
            Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

I hear it is for sale with no canopy, engine or prop.
              Chris...

Comment

seriously i have tears in my eyes as I write this. ive been going to this thing since I was 4 (23 years!) they days of the old bear vs strega battles are some of my fondest memories(that and being able to go out on the course) its truely a shame. Tiger has done alot in his life and is allowed to retire in my eyes but not that plane!!!!!!some one buy it. it will win right outta the box!!!!!thanks for the responses and info everbody. see you tommoroow
                section 3 section 3 section 3!!!

Comment

For what it's worth, I was told last year that Tiger plans to keep Strega in it's current race trim and just fly her the way she is. At the time he had no plans to sell her, but things do change.

Race 29

Comment

Wishing Tiger Well

Although the Witch may be fast out of the box, it takes so much to make a competitive racer including the crew, crew chief, engine man, pilot and mooooola.

Tiger would never show up to Reno just to run around. So even after retirement, I suppose he wouldn't allow Strega to show up again with a different pilot unless it was to win it all. In my opinion (just mine) it takes all of what I mentioned in the first paragraph and an incredibly gifted pilot to whoop the big iron around that course at the speeds needed to win. Tiger was one of only a few who could do it consistantly.

Tiger's test may be how he feels after this week of spectating (something he's done before in the mid 90's). We all know he loves the sport, but he may not lust after it anymore. If that's the case, it may be a while before we see the Witch running in front again.
                    Robert Stanley -Strega fan since '86

Comment

Tiger

Strega may not be here, but Tiger is and he is keeping his finger on the pulse of this year's races by acting as the back-up pilot to Sherman Smoot in Czechmate.

Go 86!

Comment

Strega was the only thing missing from the sunday gold final. How awesome would it have been to have had Tiger charging to the front in challenge of Dago and the Bear.

Comment

Working...
                        X