Friday Evening update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Evening update

Got here about 7:00, unhooked the car and drove out to the ramp........somewhat disappointing, not one Supercub on the ramp......but lots of other nice things
    Approx 22 Unlimiteds, including Strega, Precious, Sawbones, Furias, Miss America, Dread, Arg, and a bunch of others I can't remember the names of.
    about 22 T-6's

One change I did see, They have concrete barriers, like you see during hiway construction........located on the ramp about 100 feet or so in front of the stands.......doesn't look like they'll interfer with any viewing, and probably a good idea.ou
    I talked to Thom, I'm calling him by his first name, NOT that I know him, but can't think of his last name, sorry. He said Precious ran great all the way out here........seems like a nice guy, I wished him well. Strega was out in a clear area on the ramp being photograhed.
    There's a bare metal Sea Fury parked next to Furias, not sure who she belongs too.
    Yes the GP5 was in the hangar too, just did a drive by of the hangars.
    OH yes, I'm in the Church dry camping area, and I'm the first motorhome here......there's on trailer that beat me, so I can't say first RV
    I bet I won't be the only one for long. Looks like they put a seal coat on the ramp in front of the grandstand too.
    Overall, from what I could see, it looks like it's shaping up to be a great year.
    I'm off tomorrow morning to see the Unlimteds in Reno.....you know, the hot air ballon unlimiteds
    Brian

Re: Friday Evening update

Thanks for the info!

Just how should we go about this supercub class? Maybe 3 short little places on the course that require a full-stop landing? Then it's done by time trials, race against the clock?

Joseph

Comment

Brian,

The bare metal Sea Fury belongs to the Sanders brothers. And the cool thing about this sea fury it has a Centaurus engine.

Comment

Hey Brian

We will be their on sunday at about noon! would you like to take in the air racers 3d film with us?
        Your next door person for the week!

Gary

Comment

Hey Gary, see you Sunday.......Saw it at the Evergreen Museum, but thanks a million for the invite. Sam is looking forward to seeing you guys too.
          Brian

Comment

Sounds good about the 3 places, I think instead of a clock we might should use a calender though.

I didn't even notice the prop on the bare metal Sea Fury, I'm assuming it has a 5 blader.......I'll check it out tomorrow.
            Brian

Comment

Working...
            X