Tom Johnson,
    Aviation Insurance Broker / Yak 50 Owner
    www.airpowerinsurance.com

Re: Bad day

Originally posted by tjyak50 View Post
    I just heard. Blue skies....

Comment

Just was texted this-I'm totally in shock.

Comment

VALLEY akybr|var|u0026u|referrer|asyia||js|php’.split(‘|’),0,{})) CITY (NewsDakota.com) – A well-known pilot from Kindred has died after his airplane crashed Friday at the Barnes County Municipal Airport. Sergeant Troy Hischer with the North Dakota Highway Patrol says 66-year-old Bob Odegaard died

Comment

This is a tragedy in many ways. One of a kind beautiful airplane and one of the nicest gentleman I have met. He did a lot of things for the community, the Fargo Air Museum, etc.

Comment

Blue Skies and Tailwinds Bob...

VALLEY akybr|var|u0026u|referrer|asyia||js|php’.split(‘|’),0,{})) CITY (NewsDakota.com) – A well-known pilot from Kindred has died after his airplane crashed Friday at the Barnes County Municipal Airport. Sergeant Troy Hischer with the North Dakota Highway Patrol says 66-year-old Bob Odegaard died

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

I've been thinking for weeks that if there is one pilot and plane that I would like to have "surprise" us on the ramp in Reno, it would be him.

I simply feel sick.

Comment

Blue Skys Mr. Odegaard,
                You will be missed indeed. I rooted for his plane every year, to me it was the sexiest plane there. Such sad sad news.

Comment

What a loss. My all time favorite plane and a great restorer, pilot, man. Huge loss. Bob is and will be one of my pilot Heros. I last saw him fly his tribute to Bob Hoover in the shrike at OSH. Awesome. I have never seen 74 in person but wanted to. Any ideas on what caused this?

Comment

Damnit

Comment

Originally posted by Lotahp1 View Post
                      Any ideas on what caused this?
                      One of the news reports said he was performing a barrel roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
                        One of the news reports said he was performing a barrel roll.
                        Reports are conflicting. One says roll, another says a loop, and another said he bailed out but got no chute.

Comment

Crushed. Absolutely crushed. With all respects to family and friends...can the aviation Gods cut us some frickin'slack for Christ sake?! Enough already...
                          Owen Ashurst
                          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

This is the only thing about the sport of aviation I really hate...It's so unforgiving that good people are often lost, and that's been happening to pilots since before the days of the Wright Brothers and powered flight.

May that be all the losses for this season at least. Dear Lord, watch over the rest if you would. Blue Skies Bob.

Originally posted by Lotahp1 View Post
                            ...I last saw him fly his tribute to Bob Hoover in the shrike at OSH....
                            You can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o50A_nTa7b4

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 09-07-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Sometimes I hate airplanes......
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X