RENO 2012 SUB-FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RENO 2012 SUB-FORUM

For the sake of (an attempt) to make it easier to keep track of this week, as well as keep all the interesting threads that are in the main air racin section, I've created a sub-forum that we can all post everything and anything about RENO 2012... should make it a bit easier for everyone...

Enjoy!!

See ye on the field!!!!!!!

"Anybody got a vallium???"
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: RENO 2012 SUB-FORUM

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    "Anybody got a vallium???"
    Shouldn't that be more close to "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue...."

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
      Shouldn't that be more close to "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue...."

HA!!!! It's "funny" but I'm sort of a stress addict I think.. I don't like being stressed but EVERY time I have anything important, or different than my daily normal routene, I'm stressed... I'm currently wound so tight, If I had a history of heart problems, I'd be worried! (SEROUS!)

I can't really even have a drink to calm me, cause my driving shift starts in about 5-6 hours...

This last year has been an absolute emotional roller coaster for me, losing Jimmy and all of the othrs, being absolutely certain in my mind that I'd seen my last air race on Friday last year, then seeing light at the end of the tunnel, never really believeing that it would happen until.... YIKES.... it's here, it's departure day, I'm not 120% ready, so I'm gonna stress and fester until I get behind the wheel doing what I do best (driivng)... Hopefully, my partner really will go to sleep because if he doesn't, I'll probably make him nervous.. I like to drive.... fast.... of course, within the limits of the law....

My trailer mate is a former P-3 crew chief, immediately after Viet Nam era... hopefully, you can stop by our trailer and talk shop!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Wayne I hear ya! I'm wound up right now too. Had some stomach problems this week, probably cause I tried some new food from Trader Joes I shouldn't have, but also because I'm just tense about next week. I just want to get a good week and Gold in.

I just heard John Paul has pulled out of Reno 12. Can anybody confirm? Shame.
        Last edited by John H; 09-09-2012, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John H View Post
          Hey Wayne I hear ya! I'm wound up right now too. Had some stomach problems this week, probably cause I tried some new food from Trader Joes I shouldn't have, but also because I'm just tense about next week. I just want to get a good week and Gold in.

I just heard John Paul got into it with RARA and has pulled out of Reno 12. Can anybody confirm? Shame.
          I hope not, I love their planes!
          "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

[QUOTE=John H;104901]
            [/QUOTE

has pulled out of Reno vs got into it with RARA

Wayne's journalistic integrity thrust has got me to realize that this magnificent blunder'ers original wording was ill conceived AT BEST.

The other reason that I feel that way, is that that specific wording forced me to wade through two days of wasted time researching a non-existent issue to try to calm my buddies down. What a shame.

John H., if I have done you harm, I hope it turns out to be be less then ya' done to me. Now as for my buddies, I can't vouch, but they will obviously survive too.

****, I just re-read your original post as written before you edited without deigning it worthwhile to explain to us; and the truth is, you only ever asked for confirmation of your (still mysterious) assertion.

I for one, can promise you, that had you quoted your source in the first place, you would not have succeeded at wasting my time. And I am just one person.

Chuck

Aww crap Wayne, can we just edit this whole thread into oblivion?
            Last edited by C_roundy; 09-16-2012, 01:11 AM.
            Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

Chuck, hate to say it but I heard he is not going to bring the airplane/s... I do not know the reason, but that's what I was told.....
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Chuck and JP I am sorry, obviously my info was wrong , JP just wasn't ready and there is no dispute. Let me go pull my foot out of my mouth and wipe the egg off my face.

Comment

Make no mistake.....The Boise Bee, Parrothead and even Sneak Attack were in tip top race condition weeks ago. Whoever is saying we were not ready is full of BS. I posted the explanation on this board yesterday of why we withdrew and it was deleted. I've asked for an explanation for this and have received no reply from Wayne..........go to Warbirdaeropress and you can read it there....... we never had a single discussion with RARA about this and certainly never "got into it" with RARA......

I'd like to hear where that came from?

JC

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
                    Make no mistake.....The Boise Bee, Parrothead and even Sneak Attack were in tip top race condition weeks ago. Whoever is saying we were not ready is full of BS. I posted the explanation on this board yesterday of why we withdrew and it was deleted. I've asked for an explanation for this and have received no reply from Wayne..........go to Warbirdaeropress and you can read it there....... we never had a single discussion with RARA about this and certainly never "got into it" with RARA......

I'd like to hear where that came from?

JC
                    JC, I'm still digging through the email digest to find the original message, be assured, I did not delete it... trying to get to the bottom of this...
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'm going to have to assume that whoever wrote the post over JC's was a moderator with post edit privliges. I don't think it was malicious, likely happened with a smart phone... wrong button was hit... I've actually almost done this myself before but caught myself before I did any harm....

For clarity's sake, here's JC's original message retreived from my email digest of messages..

*****JCP's ORIGNAL MESSAGE*****

We withdrew our entries for Boise Bee and Parrothead last wed. We set some personal limitations and a firm deadline to make our go-no go decision to be last Tuesday based on several factors.

Unfortunately, we found it best for our race team to sit this one out and be there in full force for 2013. This was not an easy decision but hey, that's what flying is all about..... Making those difficult no-go decisions based on the Information you have.

A lot of our friends and family are on the ramp at Stead right now and I'm looking forward to their daily updates about a safe, exciting and prosperous Air Race!

We will see you next year!
                      JC
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Sorry JP, it was late , i was tired and misread your statement, obviously personal limitations didn't mean planes not ready. As for the dispute that wasn't , I think this is the problem with one person telling somebody something and the story adding parts ( I didn't add anything ) that weren't there. Sorry again everyone .
                        Last edited by John H; 09-11-2012, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks Wayne for straightening that out! Sounds like a very honest mistake that makes sense now. I think you have a fantastic Forum here and it seemed really odd to be edited....I'm sure you see my point and thank you for understanding.

I really appreciated the kind words that the moderator said about us and our participation in the Races and I agree that I do not think it was malicious, but instead an accident.

I completely understand where you are coming from John H..... As far as I know, nobody was harmed in this conversation! I know all of you guys have been nothing but supportive to us and our racing efforts and I am grateful....

Keep up the great work Wayne.

JC

Comment

Umm, I am very very sorry I ranted. Can you guys forgive me?

I'll try harder to be civil next time.

Chuck Roundy
                            Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

Working...
                            X