Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Support RARA

Evening,

With the races soon upon us I make this request to those of us that will be fortunate enough to attend the Air Races that we support RARA by buying souvenirs form the official RARA booths.

Support RARA also by buying merchandise as some of the cost goes to RARA.

In this way we continue to do our part to support the event with the hope that it continues.

Thanks,
    Warbird "Willie"

Re: Lets Support RARA

I will definitely try to buy some mercy. How about beer? DOes that benefit RARA, cause I buy a lot of that
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

I usually do anyway, but maybe I'll go for an extra shirt or hat this year.

I just have to make sure I have enough left over FOR MY NEW 2012 AAFO HAT(S)! Hint-hint!

(shameless plug mode: OFF ).

Comment

Originally posted by Matt58 View Post
        How about beer? DOes that benefit RARA
        I think, perhaps, more than we could imagine. In past years, when it was cold, off beer sales seems to really hurt the bottom line there.. I remember a quote, somewhere, from Mike H from '04 when it was so cold, about how much cold days hurt the bottom line.

Think about how much a keg costs, versus what you get when you sell the something like 155 pints per keg at 6 or 8 bucks a pop... (don't shoot me for my bar math on the quantity of pints in a given keg )

Good deal all round I say, drink beer, help RARA.. Unfortunately, by the time of day I can consume adult beverages (media can not drink during the waiver) most of the vendors are closed... Buy one for me!

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
        I just have to make sure I have enough left over FOR MY NEW 2012 AAFO HAT(S)! Hint-hint!

(shameless plug mode: OFF ).
        Thanks Doggie! 100 AAFO.COM hats, pretty much what you guys asked for are ordered and in the works.. gonna be 50 black, like the last design I saw in the hat thread, 25 white with appropriate font/swoosh color, and 25 red, same same...

I managed to get busy doing some web work for various folks (setting up craigslist.org ads of all things) so I'm a bit behind... hopefully in a day or two, I can get some graphics from Dan at Crystal Clear Logos (Voodoo guys) and I'll put up a buy me button..

I do not think I will have any problems giving folks hats that they ordered on the web, prior to RENO, at RENO... but I would be in total violation of my agreements with RARA if I actualy sold hats or anything, for that matter, there at the event..

Lemme get the graphics, put up the buttons and I'll either hand you your hat/s at the event, or ship them, either while there, or prior to leaving if I get them and I think I'm leaning toward not paying the freight up here, only to drive them back there in a day or two.. or wind up in-between!!!

If I hand them to you at RENO, price is $25. if I ship them, the envelopes, prioriety mail, I think it is, is just under 5 bucks so "$30. if I ship em...

Shirt will be next but no way to get done before RENO!

Thanks in advance! (10 sold as I speak!!)

PS... for now, save my lazy ass (didn't sleep well last night).. if you want to get one sent to ya, or pick up at RENO, hit the donate button, just type quantity and price, (shipping will be 5 bucks per order, no matter how many you buy), address if shipped, and we'll figure out a place or time or some way to get them to ya's at RENO...

Whoo Hoo... we got hats again!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Warbird5 View Post
          Evening,

With the races soon upon us I make this request to those of us that will be fortunate enough to attend the Air Races that we support RARA by buying souvenirs form the official RARA booths.

Support RARA also by buying merchandise as some of the cost goes to RARA.

In this way we continue to do our part to support the event with the hope that it continues.

Thanks,
          Warbird "Willie"
          Yes, and that is all well and good. Every time I buy a teriaki bowl, a couple of bucks goes to RARA. And I do buy lots of frozen coffee drinks and food there. But you can also donate directly now to the insurance fund, which I did. And you can join RARA, which I did. I know times are hard for many folks but if someone here, of all places, wont donate the cost of a family meal at McDonalds to do their part, then I have little respect for them. Its all about enough bucks for the insurance fund, now. The demographics of race goers on the RARA site show that we out of towners have more financial impact on the races than the locals. So open up those wallets. Do your bit and then look yourself in the mirror. I respect Wayne for pushing this also and giving his own bucks....I still would like him to start his own donation fund....have a climbing bar graph as more and more of us give bucks to his fund for the races....then post a pic of him giving a check from us to Mr. H.

Comment

Good news for beer sales, its not gonna be cold nor rainy. Looks like some right fine drinkin' weather for all of race week.

Note- These are amateur predictions made from the latest model technology. Drink beer at your own risk.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

RARA gets a cut on anything & everything that is sold inside the gates. I believe they supply the cash register to the vendor and track sales through the register. I am not sure how much RARA gets, but most events that do revenue sharing agreements with vendors the range is normally 30-55%.

Comment

RARA gets 20% of all sales + a fee for the space.
                Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                  Good news for beer sales, its not gonna be cold nor rainy. Looks like some right fine drinkin' weather for all of race week.

Note- These are amateur predictions made from the latest model technology. Drink beer at your own risk.

As far as I am concerned, cold weather just means your beer doesn't warm up as fast.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
                    As far as I am concerned, cold weather just means your beer doesn't warm up as fast.
                    Word.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
                      RARA gets 20% of all sales + a fee for the space.

What's that you say?....Eat fried food....Drink beer...and it's for a good cause?.. OK I'm in

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
                        What's that you say?....Eat fried food....Drink beer...and it's for a good cause?.. OK I'm in
                        It's all part of the grand experience...
                        Sky Critter

Comment

A number of my Docent/volunteers have donated the cost of their free ticket to the cause. They figure they would be buying a ticket if they were not volunteering. Great people who have worked for the 11 or 12 years of this program.
                          Betty

Comment

I'll buy another engraved bottle of Jack (to help the cause natch), but it sure would be nice if the artwork included some actual air racers instead of those 1920s biplanes on last year's bottle.
                            No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                            http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Patonizing the vendors not only helps RARA because of the percentage they get....if the vendors do well, they come back and buy more booths. Filled with Harley girls, Flygals, etc.
                              If you build it, they will come.

Stead is my "Field of Dreams"

Comment

Working...
                              X