AAFO get together...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAFO get together...

Not seen anything on this as of yet, prolly due to the fact that up until a handful of weeks ago everything was up in the air as to the races...

We going to have the unofficial annual AAFO get-to-gether at the church again this year?

Sure would be nice to have a few beers, tell a few lies, and just hang out with everyone.

Wolfee

Re: AAFO get together...

There is always that short grandstand in the Pits that is available after 5:00 PM. Make it BOB - bring your own beer. No hardship on anyone to buy buns, dogs, etc. Just sayin'.

Unless YOU doing it at this late date.

Comment

I mentioned to the "powers that be" (an official with RARA) that a few of us would really like to have a VERY UNOFFICIAL "first annual Jimmy Leeward Memorial Smoke Oil Party" The reaction was not negative... of course, this would, again, have to be completely unofficial...

Just throwin out the idea.....

I'm going to be camped there from the 7th on through Monday after, so I'm game.. (not to buy the booze!!!)
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

If its Friday evening/night, I'm in!
        "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Well gents, out of the woodwork comes "The Lurker"

I grew up in Reno, and have always followed the races. My dad took me to skyranch in 1964. This group has been wonderful for me, in that I can keep up with the latest details. For the last 20 years or so, I've been unable to attend due to money, kids, job, etc., so I have been lurking, and waiting. This year the boss says 'Go', and who am I to argue? I'll be camping at the church, and very much look forward to meeting everyone. Look for a 'snidely whiplash' mustache.

Wayne, Thanks for the group.
          Victor, Thanks for the photos, I have really enjoyed your work.

Reservations, check; Tickets, check; Camera, check; Radio, check; Batteries, check; Oregon Microbrews, check...

Al Gerharter
          Roseburg, Oregon

Comment

Boliv er, look for us to be camped on the back lawn, back being by the showers and behind the kitchen. Its alot of fun, glad your getting to attend.

As far as the get together goes, I can bring a large bbq and a couple pork roasts to cook up. Just need to know the where and when.

Comment

I'll be there all week. I'm in.
              Cheers

Comment

Plan change, wont be able to participate

Comment

Wayne, what's the latest on the unofficial get together? And is it something that a non ticket holder for whatever day, can attend?
                  Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                    I mentioned to the "powers that be" (an official with RARA) that a few of us would really like to have a VERY UNOFFICIAL "first annual Jimmy Leeward Memorial Smoke Oil Party" The reaction was not negative... of course, this would, again, have to be completely unofficial...

Just throwin out the idea.....

I'm going to be camped there from the 7th on through Monday after, so I'm game.. (not to buy the booze!!!)
                    Going to make real, no-sh*t smoke oil like the good old days, or just pretend? I think Sandra More still has the official recipie somewhere. :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X