Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News release, NTSB

NTSB VIDEO SHOWS RENO CRASH SEQUENCE
    (http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#207263)
    The NTSB is meeting today (Aug. 26, 2012) to determine a probable
    cause of the crash at the National Championship Air Races in Reno on
    Sept. 16, 2011 that resulted in the deaths of 10 people and injured
    more than 60. Jimmy Leeward's highly modified P-51, the Galloping
    Ghost, went out of control near the home stretch pylon and crashed a
    few feet from a premium ramp seating area. Leeward and eight others
    died at the scene and a ninth spectator died later in hospital. The
    role of the departure of the left trim tab has been a major factor in
    the investigation and video released by the NTSB last week shows the
    aircraft was clearly out of control before the part separated from the
    aircraft, although that doesn't mean it wasn't damaged or disabled
    before it fell.

VIDEO: RENO CRASH VIDEO SHOWS TRIM TAB LOSS AFTER PITCH-UP
    (http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#207264)

(http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/excl...264-1.html)The
    NTSB released a spectator video of the September 16, 2011 crash of
    Jimmy Leeward's modified P-51 at the National Championship Air Races
    in Reno. The board is meeting August 26 to determine a probable cause.

Re: News release, NTSB

I found and its not good:http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/n...6#.UDuwnsGPVQJ

Comment

When the NTSB is finished with their investigation, do they release a report on how much money they have spent on this investigation?

If you wonder why we our taxed at 50% of our income, think about how much this is costing the taxpayers.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
        When the NTSB is finished with their investigation, do they release a report on how much money they have spent on this investigation?

If you wonder why we our taxed at 50% of our income, think about how much this is costing the taxpayers.
        Are you serious?
        Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

Where the hell did that come from?

Comment

Ease up "Grampi Jr."!!

Kevin

Comment

From the ABC new story above "The tail stabilizer fell from the plane during the steep climb."
              Really?????? Wow i guess the video missed THAT happening......
              i expected better from ABC,

Comment

Originally posted by just a fan View Post
                From the ABC new story above "The tail stabilizer fell from the plane during the steep climb."
                Really?????? Wow i guess the video missed THAT happening......
                i expected better from ABC,
                Local Airshow was this past weekend at New Garden PA. All week long there was an ad on various radio stations for it. They mentioned the T-6s and a P-51 ect. and the Submarine Spitfire.
                The Spit is the one I maintain and I had a good laugh every time I heard it.
                Submarine Spitfire and this wasn't even the news getting it wrong. It was a paid advertisement. So people in the media are pretty prone to screwing this stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by 51fixer View Post
                  Local Airshow was this past weekend at New Garden PA. All week long there was an ad on various radio stations for it. They mentioned the T-6s and a P-51 ect. and the Submarine Spitfire.
                  The Spit is the one I maintain and I had a good laugh every time I heard it.
                  Submarine Spitfire and this wasn't even the news getting it wrong. It was a paid advertisement. So people in the media are pretty prone to screwing this stuff up.
                  It was parked right next to the Chevy Mustang.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by C_roundy View Post
                    Are you serious?
                    No, I'm not serious, I'm just joking that the current US Debt is close to 16 Trillion dollars which is only $51,000 per US citizen and only $140,000 per taxpayer.

No reason to be alarmed because it will never be paid back. You can watch the numbers grow like a slot machine. Try it, it's kind of fun to laugh at because if you take it seriously you might have to hold people accountable for how they spend the taxpayers dollars, and you wouldn't want to do that, or would you? http://www.usdebtclock.org/
                    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 08-27-2012, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Skyvandelta. Please stop being facetious, assuming that you are an adult, and therefore responsible for your actions, you know damn well that what I am asking you sir, is whether or not you believe the money in THIS investigation was anything besides necessary.

You know, that I know, that we both know it.
                      Last edited by C_roundy; 08-27-2012, 07:36 PM.
                      Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

...If you wonder why we our taxed at 50% of our income, think about how much this is costing the taxpayers.
                        Which tax-payers?

Comment

Well geez I cannot believe the cost of this is even being discussed. We have to have an NTSB investigation of big accidents like this . Ridiculous. One of the craziest things I've ever seen on an aviation forum.

Comment

Originally posted by C_roundy View Post
                            Skyvandelta. Please stop being facetious, assuming that you are an adult, and therefore responsible for your actions, you know damn well that what I am asking you sir, is whether or not you believe the money in THIS investigation was anything besides necessary.

You know, that I know, that we both know it.
                            Sorry, I apologize. I'm tired of seeing this country being financially destroyed by people who don't care how taxpayers money is being spent.

The NTSB could have interviewed 10-20 people who know the most about these airplanes for tens of thousands of dollars, and would have most likely received the same answer as their multi-million dollar investigation.

So yes, I think it's a waste of taxpayers money when the results would have most likely been the same for a lot less.

Now I must get back to work so 50% of my income can go to taxes.

Comment

The NTSB could have interviewed 10-20 people who know the most about these airplanes for tens of thousands of dollars, and would have most likely received the same answer as their multi-million dollar investigation.
                              But, without a FULL and thorough investigation, there's no way to be sure those 10-20 witnesses or experts got it right (especially when you often get 10 different answers when that many people are presented with the same question).

This "multimillion-dollar investigation" is done for our sake, to identify ALL possible causes of the tragedy and find remedies to (hopefully) prevent future happenings of a similar nature. There really is good method behind the madness, trust me.

That money isn't being wasted. it's being invested...in our future health and well being.

MARTHA_MODE: "It's a GOOD thing..."

MARTHA_MODE: {OFF}

Comment

Working...
                              X