3 weeks until the GOLD, and....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 weeks until the GOLD, and....

A sailboat thread is #1 on the forum?!?!

Nuthin' against boats fellas...but???

Bring on the rumor mill!

Joseph

Re: 3 weeks until the GOLD, and....

Ya, but less then 2 weeks till I'm there enjoying all that leads up to the Gold. Can't Wait
    Brian

Comment

Some things I see as factions:

1.) The new course, should be an improvement. Maybe not faster, but overall the best thing that could have been done. Latest podcast interviewed a Sport class pilot, and he mentioned that the pylons on his course were easier to spot, in their new locations.

2.) I see the fast guys running harder during practice, and qualifying.

3.) 4 Top dogs going for Gold. With no race for the last two years...It's time to see what they're made of!

4.) Some pretty nifty grudge match material to assume the lead, should these 4 break during race-week, or on Sunday. The Buick, and the Griffon - which is faster?

5.) The little Yak, will Whiteside run for Gold position, without a faster ride? Just what is it capable of?

It's good to see Mathews bringing the Corsair back. Nuthin' like the ole gull-wing on the pylons!

What am I missing?

Joseph

Comment

Rare Bear, Maybe...

Comment

Furias?

Along these same lines, I know it's not entered, but does anyone know what's happeneding with Vodoo.....has it sold or ??
          Brian

PS: I'm still hoping it will be a last minute entry

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
            Furias?

Along these same lines, I know it's not entered, but does anyone know what's happeneding with Vodoo.....has it sold or ??
            Brian

PS: I'm still hoping it will be a last minute entry
            Not sold. Not coming.

Comment

This is not a regular sailboat thread but the AMERICAS CUP thread, won by Larry Ellison and he had the choice what city to host it in and he chose his hometown of San Francisco, CA, the most picturesque city in the world, with the best sailing conditions anywhere in the world. There was so much arguing between the sailors, the locals and the environmentalists, and it finally happened.

Not only that, but they are running 45 foot carbon fiber catarmarans with 70 foot tall hard winged mainsails which can sail twice the speed of the wind, ie 40mph in a 20mph wind. They had match racing, two on the course along with fleet racing, 11 on the course.

Add two adjustable cameras with audio on each boat, chase boats with cameras, helicopter cameras and computer graphics on the water which shows distance in feet to the turning marks, speed of boats, distance between boats. The weather was perfect for sailing, 10-15mph westerly trade winds daily and fair weather, no rain. It was FREE to view.

Things are changing in the Americas Cup and this was the best year ever.

It also serves as an example of what the Reno Air Races could look like it they used a similar camera and graphics program for those who are unable to attend.

Watch it on youtube, then come back and comment. I found it exciting and cool. Perhaps you may also.

Take a look at the youtube video where Couts of Team USA crashes his boat into the starting line boat at the start because his teamate would not allow him to enter. Crunch.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
              A sailboat thread is #1 on the forum?!?!

Nuthin' against boats fellas...but???

Bring on the rumor mill!

Joseph
              Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 08-27-2012, 08:23 AM.

Comment

The Cup is pretty neat. And it would be great to get this kind of popularity, and event coverage, at Reno!

JT

Comment

What I find hard to believe is... not this coming weekend, but the weekend after... I'm headed to Reno for RENO 2012! I can't believe it's happening, and, as usual, I can't believe it's just so damn close!

See ya all in a couple weeks! Gonna be there 24/7 this year in a trailer on the field... bringing a BBQ and some pacific NW beer... please feel free to stop by and fill in the blanks (in the beer cooler) or sample a bit of the Astoria Fort George Brewery beer.. we were planning on a couple kegs, but it looks like cases of canned (one pint cans) of the stuff.. I'm still holding out, hoping fro the kegs.. they are "gratis" so I'm going to be at the mercy of the brewery and what they decide to send with us... (think KEG KEG KEG!!!) Check out http://fortgeorgebrewery.com we host their site in return for free beer for live whenever I'm in town (and the occasional freebie take along to an event)

Not bad deal I think!!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

[QUOTE=AAFO_WSagar;104060]What I find hard to believe is... not this coming weekend, but the weekend after... I'm headed to Reno for RENO 2012! I can't believe it's happening, and, as usual, I can't believe it's just so damn close!

Believe it!

Road the bicycle down to the airport yesterday. G/A bleachers going up, banners up on the grand stands, ticket booths in place and it looks like the Bear is ready to take flight again.

Looking alot like Air Race time

Comment

Just booked the hotel and ready to go! Last year my friend and I were half way between Boise and reno when I got the call. I was pretty sure the races were done at that point, and here we are, a little less than one year later, and I have plans to make it to Reno! My hats are off to all involved that made this happen this year, as I know they thought the mountain top was unreachable, but they did it anyway!

Can't wait!
                      "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Can't wait, also have a sickness and am going come hell or high water. I REALLY LOVE MUSTANGS BUT I THINK THIS IS THE YEAR FOR THE ROUND MOTORS. Thanks, KC

Comment

KAHNZILLA, check yer P.M.s Pleeaaasse !!!
                          Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                            X