AAFO Hats, Shirts, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAFO Hats, Shirts, etc.

Whadda' I gotta do to get them? I did a search, and unless I'm blind as well as dumb, it looks like Wayne ran out last year.

How 'bout it Wayne, any left, or if not can we get more available before the races?

If not, does anybody have an AAFO hat or X-large shirt hiding under their dirty socks that they don't need?

Thanks in advance hopefully,
    Chuck
    Last edited by C_roundy; 08-02-2012, 01:31 AM. Reason: forgot fezzes!!!
    Carbon is groovy man...

Re: AAFO Hats, Shirts, etc.

Light a fire under my butt will ya... OK. If I get right on it, I can get some hats made... maybe some shirts too... Hat design= easy... shirt design= prolly need help there.

I could also try to play with making a line-through or line under the AAFO part with a top/bottom silhouette view of a racer at the tip of the line.. harder to make or get made... probably?

Here's something simple that would make an easy, high vis, good lookin hat... Course, I favor black hats so... What do ya think... too simple? too black? add the line? don't add the line?

Ideas welcome, keeping in mind, would take a while to get something complex made, and hats are usually of pretty simple design...

Whattya think?
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

If its a good quality hat I want one
      I missed out the first time around

Comment

Wayne,
        Black hat with that AAFO logo is good for me.
        I do want one also.

Comment

Looks good, I'm in.

Maybe a different hat each year, kinda like a funds drive to sponsor this sight.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
            Light a fire under my butt will ya... OK. If I get right on it, I can get some hats made... maybe some shirts too... Hat design= easy... shirt design= prolly need help there.

I could also try to play with making a line-through or line under the AAFO part with a top/bottom silhouette view of a racer at the tip of the line.. harder to make or get made... probably?

Here's something simple that would make an easy, high vis, good lookin hat... Course, I favor black hats so... What do ya think... too simple? too black? add the line? don't add the line?

Ideas welcome, keeping in mind, would take a while to get something complex made, and hats are usually of pretty simple design...

Whattya think?
            I rarely take the space to quote full text, but I am (here) because I feel your pain from trying to decide how best to logo yer/our site dude.

I had a strong suspicion that I would probably be opening a can of worms on this thing -BUT- I think it is important to to get them out here again.

What could possibly be a more important time to do so?

I am DAMN proud of this community, and I wanna show it with sweat on cloth!!!!

I bow to your taste in the matter Wayne. Heck, if it was flaming pastel muave I'd wear the piece of crap 'til it rotted off my rotten head.

Nonetheless, I get it, I really do. If yer gonna do it, it has got to be done right!

All kidding aside, black is actually good by me. Anything but white (which SERIOUSLY highlights my red neck).

If you think an accent line makes it higher viz, all the better.

All I really know for sure is that if you get this done, I will be even prouder of you than I already am; if thats even possible!

Just a grunt in yer fleet,
            C.R.

P.S. If the shirts can get done too, Xtra large is comfy!!!!!!!!!!!

P.P.S. Sorry to be so needy, either fire me or give me a raise.
            Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
              ...I could also try to play with making a line-through or line under the AAFO part with a top/bottom silhouette view of a racer at the tip of the line.. harder to make or get made... probably?

Whattya think?

Perhaps one of these graphics experiments run along the lines you speak of?

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 08-02-2012, 08:55 PM.

Comment

The second version is wicked cool. I'd be in for a couple of those.
                Sky Critter

Comment

My take on an already great design...
                  Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

Or if I combine #2 and #3...I changed the slogan a bit too:

And a little clean-up on the other design, also with new slogan:

I have these two ready to go as sharper, 4000-pixel-wide .BMP copys or in .PSD (photoshop format) if you want it. Or I can make whatever modifications required/desired.
                    Last edited by AirDOGGe; 08-02-2012, 11:30 PM.

Comment

The only problem with the line running through it then the black when you hit the letters and what not, is it gets kinda complicated and hard to read. I think the cleanest is the 4th one (from AirDOGGe) and xmh53wrench's is perfect if you wanted a line in there.
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Be happy to help with the shirts if you are interested. Chuck

Comment

Wow.. you guys are great, and I have not put this back on the rear heat source... I, mistakenly, thought I could get "one off" hats made, can do with T-s but not so with hats... So.. I'm going to have to pony up for, say 100?? of them, I REALLY like the help in the graphics dept!! I always know what I want, but *showing* someone what I see and can't create ain't so easy... I'm liking what you guys did here.. I really liking a cross between

and

Liking the line "not-through" the letters but starting and stopping like in first pic, but also liking the crispness of the smaller lines in second one...

Again, attempting to get hold of the person who made the last batch up as a donation, (Voodoo graphic dood Embedad) I want to send the business that way but I'm committed.. we WILL have hats again and maybe, T-shirts.. T's, I'm totally going to have to do on a "as ordered" basis... no way I can find the $$ to invest in a batch of "guess which size you're going to eat" shirts and hope for the best.. Hats, one size fits all, imagining me forking out enough $$ to pay for 100 up front is.... scary with my already committed Reno budget hangin' out there... (rented a trailer with my very good friend, boss, and flight instructor....when we can afford hours....) and we're staying out at the field (again, first time in a LONG time) this year...

Gonna try to score a couple kegs of the wonderful local brew, Fort George Brewery, (Astoria, http://fortgeorgebrewery.com) to have around in camp....

I may not have any brain cells left after this 10-11 days at the World's Fastest Motorsport, livin' in a trailer with my "boss" (NOT BEERNAZI), but I'm going to be there for every single last second I can manage!
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Oh yea... what's the consensus on what the small text under the logo should say?

I kind of liked "true fans" thing but I can see how that would come off as "elitist" or something nasty like that and we WANT to encourage NEW folks into the fold...

I'm leaning toward "Air Race Fan HeadQuarters".... "home of air racing" claims a little more than I think this site has a right to.... however... we sure are the HQ of a lot of "true" fans of the sport..

So.. My vote, then, would be the Air Race Fan HQ.... spelled out?? HQ???

Like the word, myself...

Gonna prolly be a grand or so outta pocket gig up front so I really do want to get it right going in...

Really appreciate the input!
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

How about calling 'em as you sees 'em - HARD CORE AIR RACE FANS

Comment

Working...
                              X