Air Race Programs for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Race Programs for sale

I am new at this. If personal checks won't work for you, I will be looking into how to arrange using PayPal. (My wife has a PayPal account so I will get her help this afternoon.) I guess I will need to add $4.00 shipping to each individual sale and 0.50 cents for each additional program sold in multiples.
    Several have wanted me to set up a PayPal donation thread after my " Lowell Thompson Last Reno Hurrah" thread was posted, but I am not comfortable with that. It was never my motive to ask for outright help that way. As I list these programs today and many air racing books, magazines, photo/slides sets in the coming days I feel those so inclined to help can add a little bit to their purchases here but only if so lead.

I have tried to be pretty reasonable with the pricing and very accurate in the descriptions. I can scan images related to these items and send you E-mails on a limited basis. PM me with any such requests.

P.O. Box 714
    Kellogg, Idaho 83837

SOLD Item # P75 1975 Reno Program (poor to fair condition) Has Lyle Shelton’s autograph on page 11, and Judy Wagner’s autograph on page 16. Page 50 has a rare photo of Shelton’s #77, Burnstein’s black #34, “Miss Foxy Lady”, and Beck’s #7 P-51D “Candy Man” in a nice formation. Some stains throughout the inside. About one-quarter of the back cover is torn off at the bottom. $6.00

SOLD Item # P77 1977 Reno Program (very good to excellent condition) Has very interesting feature article on the “KONA WIND” radical design Formula One project with color photos. Another short article on a Zero raised from the Pacific after 28 years seventy feet underwater. $10.00

SOLD Item # P78 1978 Reno Program (very good to excellent condition) Has color photo supplemented article on Greenamyer and the Red Baron F-104 speed record. $10.00

SOLD Item # P84 1984 Reno Program (very good condition) The Unlimited entries section shows Stilleto picture as an artist concept with flames on nose and wings. $8.00

SOLD Item # P85 1985 Reno Program (good to very good condition). Cover is worn but not torn. Pages 25-26 had small tear but was taped. Pages 37 thru 40 are missing. These include the last page of the Formula One entries and the first 2-3 pages of the AT-6 entries section. $5.00

SOLD Item # P87 1987 Reno Program (good condition). I wrote my name on the cover this year, and the cover binding was taped with scotch tape years ago. I printed neatly the qualifying, heat races, and finals in the unlimited section this year. There is a beautiful 4-page color photo section highlighting scenes in the pits. $5.00

Item # P89a 1989 Reno Program (good to very good condition). Vendetta and John Parker’s unique race #350 custom racer are seen in the Unlimiteds section. Large color photos of Dreadnought, the #111 Corsair “SKYBOSS”, and #69 Georgia Mae are seen in this program. I wrote in (neatly printed) the qualifying speeds of all classes except the Unlimiteds on this copy. $6.00

Item # P89b 1989 Reno Program (good to very good condition). Pages 7 thru 9 are loose from binding but not damaged. No tears but most inside pages have a wrinkled look. No writing inside this copy. $6.00

Item # P90 1990 Reno Program (very good condition). A photo of Dreadnought is on the opening page of the AT-6 section (oops!). Unlimited section shows Erin Rheinschild and her race #553 Mustang “No Business”. For trivia material (any guesses?) there is also these two Unlimited entries: Bill Woods #90, “Wanna Play II”, and Bill Whitlach in a #99 Yak, color blue, out of Klamath Falls, OR. $7.00

Item # P91a 1991 Reno Program (very good condition). A short ( 3 page) but colorful feature article on Lyle Shelton and Rare Bear. Unlimited section entries include Pond racer, and Dave Morss in the #41 Lancair IV. An article with photo on Section 3 titled "Give em a 10+!" . $6.00

Item # P91b 1991 Reno Program
    (very good condition). (as above) $6.00

SOLD Item # P92-DE 1992 DENVER Program (very good condition). . “AIR RACING Illustrated” Good 3-page article on Howard Pardue’s XF8F-1 Bearcat plus a color centerspread. Good 2-page article on Tiger Desefani. $7.00

Item # P92-BR 1992 Reno Balloon Race Program (excellent condition). Very colorful and rare program! $6.00

Item # P92 1992 Reno Program (very good condition). A good feature article on air racing engines (all classes). $6.00

SOLD
    Item # P93 1993 Reno Program
    (excellent condition). Interesting trivia in this issue: Bill Rheinschild is shown as the pilot of race 89 (sic) Stiletto! Some good 30th Anniversary of Reno racing Sky Ranch races (1964) in this issue. $6.00

Item # P94a 1994 Reno Program (excellent condition). $6.00

Item # P94b 1994 Reno Program (very good condition). Some fading discoloration wear on cover. $6.00

SOLD Item # P95-PH 1995 PHOENIX 500 Reno Program (excellent condition). Good article on the BEGUINE #7 Mustang racer of 1949. Also, an article on Darryl Greenamyer “Returning to Air Racing” with new custom-built Unlimited racer Shockwave. $7.00

SOLD
    Item # P97 1997 Reno Program
    (very good condition). I wrote my name on the cover at top. Unlimited entries include David Rose in the #70 “Mach Buster”, Dave Morss in the #25 Thunder Mustang, and Gary Levitz in Miss Ashley II (using a 1988 photo of Vendetta). The bottom corners on pages 67 thru the back cover were bent (nothing bad).. $6.00

SOLD
    Item # P98 1998 Reno Program
    (very good condition). 35th Anniversary issue. First year of T-28 and Sport Class racing classes at Reno. my name on the cover at top. $6.00

SOLD Item # P99 1999 Reno Program (very good to excellent condition). First year with color photos of each entered racer. David Rose , race #1 “Mach Buster” among them… [/COLOR][/I][/B]$6.00
    Last edited by Lowell; 08-06-2012, 11:17 AM.

Re: Air Race Programs for sale

that center spred in the Denver program is my photo they did Shawn

Comment

Ten of the Programs have sold the first day. I have went back and added a red "SOLD" on those in the post.

I will, by this time tomorrow, have the first of a bunch of old magazines with good air racing articles listed.

Lowell
      Last edited by Lowell; 08-02-2012, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Lowell, How about I donate Pit-passes for the races.

Matt Jackson
        Race 15

Comment

Matt,

I have sent you a PM.

Thank you,

Lowell Thompson

Comment

Air Race Programs and Magazines sale notes.

I have updated the description of the 1991 Reno Program. The original description I had put in my post was the same as the 1990 program. My mistake.

Soon (some today for sure) I will begin putting up the older magazine article descriptions, more or less chronological with the year(s) of the event(s)--early years first. If you have never read some of the early 1970's articles in Air Progress, they were very well done. Likewise the Sportsman Pilot did very good articles in the 80's/90's (but with only B&W photography), and the old magazine Sport Flying had some well illustrated articles in their day, covering all classes. I have quite a variety of issues and many that you may have never heard of.

Also, I now have my wife's Paypal account that can be used.

Lowell

Comment

Working...
            X