Apache Uprising!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache Uprising!

The latest aircraft to join the Collings Foundation stable, and she is an absolute Beauty! Hots off to American Aero Services talented team for restoring, presenting and garnering the acculades of AirVenture by winning Grand Champion and Golden Wrench Awards.

Re: Apache Uprising!

Since the website will not allow me to upload the pics, you dont get to see her A2A.

Comment

I was there Thurs-Sat and the dam thing just sat in the grass until he taxied and flew out Saturday. I had to settle for artsy close ups, never took a pic of the entire plane, too much OSH crap in the background. Reno spoils me.

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy View Post
        Since the website will not allow me to upload the pics, you dont get to see her A2A.
        I have the same problem of not being able to upload pictures. Do others have the same problem?

Perhaps there should be a tutorial on how upload pictures, so if others are having the same problem, at least the webmaster should know about it.

Comment

Lemme give it a try. It worked for me before.

(uploading...)

Seems to work OK (see attached APACHE UPRISING thumbnail image at the end of this post). Just be sure your image is in Jpeg format (.JPG) and doesn't exceed 800 pixels in width.

I use to make tutes for modelers at a 3d-driving game forum. Here's one for this site (using IMAGE SHACK to host the pics):

First, click MANAGE ATTACHMENTS (see #1)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

When the upload window appears, click on a BROWSE button (#2) and make a section for each image you want to upload and display...When done selecting them all, click UPLOAD (#3) and wait for it to complete the job...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

When finished, scroll to the bottom of the window and click CLOSE THIS WINDOW (#4) and then hit SUBMIT REPLY or SAVE or whatever button appears to complete the message-posting process.

Attached Files
          Last edited by AirDOGGe; 07-30-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Why can't the computer just accept what you give it and figure out all the small details on it's own? That's what computers are for, doing all this insignificant work for us humans.

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
            Lemme give it a try. It worked for me before.

(uploading...)

Seems to work OK. Just be sure your image is in Jpeg format (.JPG) and doesn't exceed 800 pixels in width.

Comment

These were all I managed to get without a bajillion people surrounding it...the last one I literally waited 20 minutes for all the 'clueless' people to stop walking up to the plane in front of me.

Pure beauty. It's just too bad that as it is they can't give rides in it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
                Why can't the computer just accept what you give it and figure out all the small details on it's own? That's what computers are for, doing all this insignificant work for us humans.

I'm sure Victor would agree that no program can do the photo-editing that a Human can, even with today's superior hard/software.

But resizing photos yourself is important. People have a habit of uploading huge, multi-megabyte photo files straight off their digital cam that are far too large to display full-size on a PC monitor, or even a large HD TV.

Some forum software will re-size an image before showing it, but it doesn't alter the file's size data-wise. That means a 12-megabyte photo remains 12-megs and may be taking up unnecessary forum server disc space to display a picture that a 100,000 kb, 800-pixel-wide photo could have done instead quite nicely.

And on slow internet connections, that 12-meg photo will take forever to display, as the file stays the same size and the website has to download the whole 12-meg file to your PC first to display it much smaller than it actually is.

So it's usually best to pre-process your photos before uploading them, usually involving re-sizing and perhaps a bit of cropping. Almost any image or photo-editing program will do nicely.

Comment

Thanks AirDogge for the photo upload tutorial. You get an A+ for your effort. I'll try it later when I get online.

For online photo storage, I currently use photobucket and google's picasa. I just throw photos at it, taken on my smartphone, and somehow they just seem to transfer from the phone to the computer storage site without me having to make decisions on sizing or jpeg...

I still think the computer should be making all these insignificant decisions for us lazy humans who want things easy and uncomplicated in our lives thereby giving us more time to find difficult and complicated issues to take on.
                  Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 07-30-2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

You are right about us mortals being lazy. I spent 5 minutes trying to unscrew a beer bottle cap & then was told by the host that on that make of beer you need a bottle opener. The beer was almost warm by then.
                    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy View Post
                      Your userfile managed to get borked, fixed...
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post

I still think the computer should be making all these insignificant decisions for us lazy humans who want things easy and uncomplicated in our lives thereby giving us more time to find difficult and complicated issues to take on.

They we'd be like the population in the movie Judge "Dred", where even the police have de-evolved to the point of depending on computers to tell them what to do. A soon as they encountered a unique problem the computer wasn't pre-programed to instruct them on, the officers found themselves helpless and powerless.

I see the world slowly heading in that direction.

Frankly, I prefer to learn how things work so I can understand them better and do some tasks myself (which often leads to superior results as a bonus!). Troubleshooting becomes much easier too.

Besides, photo editing is fun! I'm not gonna let some computer program steal my enjoyment. My PC can do my taxes instead...

Comment

[QUOTE=Big_Jim;103384
                          Pure beauty. It's just too bad that as it is they can't give rides in it.[/QUOTE]

Very nice bird. Thanks for posting the pics, and for your patience .
                          Any idea what the slotted "flap" in the mid under-wing area is for? Dive brake?
                          Mark Johnson
                          Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by MustangFan View Post
                            Very nice bird. Thanks for posting the pics, and for your patience .
                            Any idea what the slotted "flap" in the mid under-wing area is for? Dive brake?
                            Yup. The A-36 Apache is a dive-bomber variant of the P-51A.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                              It's just too bad that as it is they can't give rides in it.
                              Pppfffftttt... it has two hard points. Just think "David Douglas Duncan."

I hope Dave can post those air-to-air of the A-36; I'd love to see them!
                              Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                              Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Working...
                              X