PofFame, Duxford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PofFame, Duxford

If you have not flown in a Warbird (son was in Mustang, P-40 for me)or gone to Duxford (the grass field 9 spits flying, WOW!) do it. Expensive yes but man is it a great thing to do. I have Video from both and will try to put something together. And now RENO!!!:bullhorn:
    Last edited by KAHNZILLA; 08-28-2012, 07:01 PM.

Re: PofFame, Duxford

Originally posted by KAHNZILLA View Post
    If you have not flown in a Warbird (son was in Mustang, P-40 for me)or gone to Duxford (the grass field 9 spits flying, WOW!) do it. Expensive yes but man is it a great thing to do. I have Video from both and will try to put something together. And now RENO!!!:bullhorn:
    Agreed. "Sharing" with your kid is priceless.

And Duxford is a bucket list item for every Warbird fan. It felt like hallowed ground.
    Attached Files

Comment

Gotta get to Duxford someday! But I did get lucky today and went for a ride with Doug Matthews in "Rebel"! Super great guy and one of our base customers here.

Tom
      Attached Files

Comment

Duxford, yes, of course.

But if you are there, in England, another MUST see is the Shuttleworth collection at the aerodrome at Old Warden. OLD aeroplanes, and they fly them. Most modern thing in the collection is an early Spit.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Duxford, yes, of course.

But if you are there, in England, another MUST see is the Shuttleworth collection at the aerodrome at Old Warden. OLD aeroplanes, and they fly them. Most modern thing in the collection is an early Spit.
          ....and RAF Hendon....

Comment

Originally posted by KAHNZILLA View Post

Noticed on the P-51 pic that the white invasion stripe looks like it running off the flap!

How'd that happen?!
            lol

Comment

Working...
            X