Thunder Mustang, John Parker: BANNED, interesting read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder Mustang, John Parker: BANNED, interesting read

The information given here in the article about Parker and RARA was pretty thin and I've been wondering if there was more to this.

Just read some pretty interesting things in a really batch of interivews at silverstate news.

I was disappointed to hear that Mr. Parker would not be allowed to race when I first read about it here, now I'm downright angry about it. There are some things said in the interview with Mr. Houghton that are very disturbing and completely un-American!

It all took me a while to read between the four interviews it might take you a while but if you believe in free speech, free enterprise, wholesome competition and fair play, I urge you to read these interviews.

Wayne, I like this website and I have to admit that I was disappointed not finding out more in your story. I hope linking these interviews here does not cause you any problems, if you feel you must go ahead and delete this message I sincerely hope you do not have to though!

Interview with Mike Houghton

http://www.***************.com/newss...iew/index.html

Interview with John Parker

http://www.***************.com/newss...iew/index.html

Interview with Lee Dodd (was leasing an airplane from Parker for competition this year)

http://www.***************.com/newss...ted/index.html

Interview with Stead airport manager Skip Pollak

http://www.***************.com/newss...lak/index.html

Race Fan

Wow. Good read, only halfway done.

Don

Comment

Re: Thunder Mustang, John Parker: BANNED, interesting read

Originally posted by Race Fan
      Wayne, I like this website and I have to admit that I was disappointed not finding out more in your story. I hope linking these interviews here does not cause you any problems, if you feel you must go ahead and delete this message I sincerely hope you do not have to though!
      Race Fan,

I'm sorry you were disappointed with the amount of information we published on this issue. I'm in the middle of reading the interviews at the moment and from what I can see so far, I don't see any reason that I'd have to delete your links.

I will admit that we did not go into NEARLY as much detail in our coverage of this story, for a number of reasons, one of which is our indebtedness to both parties involved.

As I stated at the conclusion of the story we did, I feel this is a MOST unfortunate situation, one where I don't see a winner on either side of it.

I still feel this way.

Wayne Sagar
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Those were some good interviews. I wasn't sure who should shoulder the most blame until now. RARA's position seems to be heavy handed and childish at the least. Seems like they change the rules as they see fit. I guess it is thier sandbox though.

That interview with Mr. Houghton did sound like a Bill Clinton interview. A lot of response with very little information.

Comment

Please read the articles, especially the Houghton and Parker Interviews. Yeah, they're long but you can handle it. The July 11 rule change blows me away!

Bill Pearce

P.S. The Mr. Pearce Houghton refers to is my dad not me.
          Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
          Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

I don't know W.J.

That Houghton interview was a lot to stomach.

Comment

Catch-22....
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

That Houghton interview coul have been summed up in one paragraph. Mr. Houghton sounds like a spoiled kids Dad. When the child asks "Why can't I do this?", his response is "Because".

Why did they ban Parker? Ahhh... Because!!

Mr. Houghton would make a good politician. Maybe Arnold and Mr. Houghton can get together and run California. They both seem to lack the ability to answer a question directly.

Comment

Even after reading all those interviews, I still don't know what Mr Parker said or did which caused him to be uninvited by RARA!

Comment

I had to keep reminding myself that its an interview with Mike Houghton of RARA. It sounds so much like an interview with Mike Helton of NASCAR (and even the names sound alike...)

Comment

Keep It Civil

I am also disappointed by the decision by the board at RARA but I just have to ask you all to be civil in your responses to the situation.

Throwing out barbs, particularly at Mr. Houghton, will do nothing but make the situation worse.

I have heard that there have been some pretty harsh personal assaults made in emails sent via links that were provided on this and other message boards, making one's point might be better served by less personally insulting modes..

Again, I am also disappointed that John Parker is not being allowed to race, as I'm sure, all fans of his and the Thunder Mustang are and will be, but it is against the rules on this board, and will serve no constructive purpose to respond with personally insulting messages.

I am going to do my very best to not censor this thread or others pertaining to this situation. You all have a right to express your disspointment and I will not stand in the way of that.. However, I do ask that you express those opinions in as constructive a way as you can..

Thanks
                      Wayne Sagar
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Mark Daniels of Silver State News Service today posted an 8 page main story on RARA baning Parker. I'm on page two (just have discovered there are eight) so I thought I'd share.

Bill Pearce

Main Story
                        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                        Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Long read wow. To say this all sucks would be an understatement I guess.

RF

Comment

I've read all the arguments, mostly for John Parker's position but more specifically Silver State News' commentary and I think there is definitely something amiss.

I would like to know if there are any Sport Class competitors who would like to come forward and offer proof that RARA indeed issued a revision to the rules to the competitors that included this new rule "Item F"? Did RARA allow time for review and comment on the part of each class? There are 20 competitors listed on RARA's website today (current as of July 29th). Do any of you have enough integrity to stand up to RARA or Silver State News and submit proof substantiating your position?

I would also suggest to those attorneys that might be reading this, that you take this case on contigency and go for an injunction to stop the races.

Is this too harsh? RARA has an opportunity here to reverse itself on this, ie: "We're sorry, but we didn't allow enough time for review and comment, therefore we feel strongly that John Parker is wrong in his actions but we cannot uninvite him based on our own rules and regulations. We are therefore re-instating him for the 2003 competition. We will continue to work with Mr. Parker on the issues in hopes of reaching an agreement."

What will it take to stop a RARA from using the strong arm tactics we witness with John Parker on any one else who dares speak out?

If this is truly a case where John Parker's actions threaten the existence of the races, then I dare say RARA should disclose EXACTLY what he is alleged to have done instead of the BS we've heard from Houghton so far.

Please comment. I'm tired of all the politics. Let's get this fixed and go fly!

Comment

To the "GUEST" that post above me....

To the "GUEST" that post above me.... I'm not one to criticize, but if you are asking people to put the balls on the line for John Parker, have the guts to at least sign your name. You want to admonish those for not stepping up to the plate, who are you? Are you a pilot?, crew member?, or even John Parker (I doubt it, he seems to have some integrity), we dont know. It's easy to post anaymously and criticize others, I get that, and even respect the criticism/freedom of speech. I even agree with everthything that you have said and asked of others. JUST SIGN YOUR NAME PLEASE.

OK, enough of that. Personally I hope that RARA sees the light and lets Mr. Parker race, but I doubt thatthey will. Now, they cant afford to be percieved as being pushed around by Mr. Parker. They have definatey "drawn their line in the sand". A very sad situation, to be sure.

Bruce Utzig
                              Walnut Creek, CA
                              Brewski

Comment

Working...
                              X