Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...What about STREGA???

Since there was a posting about Rare Bear
    All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

I thought it would only be fair to start one on it's rival, Strega.

So the question is, "What about Strega???"

Re: So...What about STREGA???

I'd say they are making plans for the victory party.

Comment

Stevo racing Buick.Strega retiring from air racing.

Comment

From well placed sources within Team Strega: "Due to improper cowl flap settings during a recent test flight, Strega's engine overheated and damaged at least one and maybe all three master rods."

Hope they have enough time to make the repairs!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by FuryFan View Post
          From well placed sources within Team Strega: "Due to improper cowl flap settings during a recent test flight, Strega's engine overheated and damaged at least one and maybe all three master rods."

Kevin
          Somebody's pullin' your chain, my man. Think about that statement for a second.

SA

Comment

I guess the delivery was a little too dead pan, or maybe a "j/k" was needed.......

Kevin

Comment

Big STREGA-fan here, but I hate to say it.....this year could be a knock-down/drag-out brawl!! '10 was wind. '11.......well. That old saying about "something's gotta give" makes me think that everybody will be loaded for BEAR (pardon the pun) and we could really see something epic.
              They'll have their work cut out for them: GO STREGA!!!

Comment

I will miss seeing Voodoo mix it up with Strega and the Bear.

Comment

"Due to improper cowl flap settings during a recent test flight

Kevin

Comment

........."cowl flaps".............too funny

Unless it is racing a Jumo...........now THAT would be interesting.
                    John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyMP View Post
                      ........."cowl flaps".............too funny

Unless it is racing a Jumo...........now THAT would be interesting.

We have a winner! Thank you for understanding the absurdity, and therefore humor, of my statement.

I thought that after my reply to SA people would understand it was a joke.........moving on.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al
                        Well, rumor has it that Tiger has been buying up all of the TF stuff he can.
                        Tiger bought Dago?

Comment

We have a winner! Thank you for understanding the absurdity, and therefore humor, of my statement.

I thought that after my reply to SA people would understand it was a joke.........moving on.

Kevin

Cowl flaps. Cute.

I wonder if anyone else caught the other absurdity...?

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
                            Cowl flaps. Cute.

I wonder if anyone else caught the other absurdity...?
                            I wondered the same thing, seeing as how R.R. Merlins actually have 6 "master rods", not 3.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge then myself can contribute. The vast majority of all automotive V type engines use two separate connecting rods mounted side by side on a single crank throw, the two cylinders in the V being forward and aft of each other the allow the rods to fit side by...
                            Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

I would say that the Merlin has 12 independent con rods. With the "fork and blade" setup each rod journal on the crankshaft has two con rods that are concentrically mounted.....whereas a master rod on a radial has slave rods connected directly to the master for each row of cylinders.

I remember reading that on some RR v-12 they used a master/slave setup for opposing cylinders with one rod mounted directly to the rod journal and the opposing cylinder slave rod attached to the beam of the "master rod". Apparently the reliability of this configuration went down when developing higher output designs.......Getting off topic...sorta.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X