Best SOUNDING Unlimited Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best SOUNDING Unlimited Racer

So here is another silly off-season thread. I'm just curious as to what CURRENT Unlimited racer gives everyone the most goosebumps when it powers by. My nominations are (in no particular order):

Rare Bear
    Strega
    September Fury
    Miss America
    Steadfast
    Precious Metal
    La Patrona
    What da Fockwulfe
    Race 24 (F4U-4 Corsair)
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Re: Best SOUNDING Unlimited Racer

It was the Ghost. That plane sounded soooo cool. Now i'd probably have to go with Precious Metal
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Dago
      Strega
      Rare Bear
      Race 57
      Dreadnought
      Precious Metal

Comment

Any of the Tigercats..those duel 2800's are just sweet!
        Then the Griffon, Precious Metal..

Joseph

Comment

Remember, voting for CURRENT RACERS ONLY...Dago would be one of my nominations if she was still competing
          -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

If you must limit to current racers, then it would probably be Dreadnought or Furias. Nothing else makes as MUCH sound, although I have to agree the Tigercats are really close. Even more cylinders to contribute to the racket!

But I really loved the sound of Lefty's White Lightnin' and P-38s in general. So buttery smooth- not nearly as loud as others but just humming. Nothing like that is racing these days.

Comment

My vote goes to Czech Mate or one of the F7F's

Then maybe Miss America. Gotta love a silver racer that sounds like a goldie

Comment

Great question!

There are two categories for me. Planes on the ground running and planes in the air.

To me the round boys sound the best on the ground. Just mean sounding! But when they are in the air they sound so smooth. How awesome does this sound!

http://www.airrace.org - We got a treat on the Sunday before the races with a run-up of September Fury breathing FIRE!Thanks to: http://www.MatherAviation.co...

The V's just sound better in the air to me though.

At the end of the day I love em all!!

Comment

Ironic that you post 232's fire-breathing show, because "September Fury" is hands-down my pick for best sounding racer
                  -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

That is a very very hard question. Anyone of them at high rpm sounds amazing. I have to say the best all time undoubtedly would be Rare Bear with the 3-blade, but current racers only.......???...... Strega or The Ghost. The rpms made those planes sound incredible. Rare Bear is probably right there, but I always compare it to the sound with the 3 blade and it isn't what it used to be. Tiger cats sound awesome too.
                    My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

If you guys are talking R4360s, don't forget the Super Corsairs. Man, I wish I could be there for the Unlimited Gold on Sunday this year, but I have my own race to attend (In my case a season championship hangs in the balance.)

Heck, in my book any unlimited on the course sounds fantastic. Its too hard to pick just one.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum View Post
                        If you must limit to current racers, then it would probably be Dreadnought or Furias. Nothing else makes as MUCH sound, although I have to agree the Tigercats are really close. Even more cylinders to contribute to the racket!

But I really loved the sound of Lefty's White Lightnin' and P-38s in general. So buttery smooth- not nearly as loud as others but just humming. Nothing like that is racing these days.
                        4360's indeed!
                        "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

We should also expand to the Sport class racers...
                          The Thunder Mustang is so unique, it get's my vote..HOWEVER, that GP-5 sure sounds hot, doesn't it?

Comment

Yeah, why limit it to 'current' racers when the 'best sounding racers' aren't racing anymore?

That's like asking what your favorite song is...but only the song off of this week's Billboard 100.

Comment

Originally posted by DWYER View Post
                              ...I have to say the best all time undoubtedly would be Rare Bear with the 3-blade, but current racers only.......???......
                              RIGHT ON, BRO! Okay, lookee, for the purposes of this thread, The Bear still qualifies, so Mr. Dwyer is still rock-solid!!!...of course, IMHO. All's we gotta figure out is how to get Air Race Team Bear to dump the A-1 prop and reinstall that P-3 / Connie Reduction Gear combo back on....Muwhahahahahaha!

No plane EVER made my guts rumble like the Bear and and that awsome 3-Bladed prop. At my age, it really aids the digestive system! I play my Round Sounds CD just for that!!!!!
                              Last edited by Ramjets; 06-19-2012, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X