MEDIA - You've got to love them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEDIA - You've got to love them

An accident occurred at the Rexburg ID airshow, but the outcome wasn't so bad. So, follow the link to read the article (and pay attention to the last line).

The media just won't quit.
    Last edited by Skyracer; 06-16-2012, 06:26 PM.

Re: MEDIA - You've got to love them

If you look at the local newspaper reports of the air show, the crash, and the pilot, they are all positive. There is no mention of the totally unrelated Reno crash.

Why did the national Associated Press story feel the need to add it? Yes, you've got to love the unbiased reporting of the mainstream media.

Comment

Wow... Just wow.

There's no bias there?

--md

Comment

I watched the embedded video that was on the page included in Von Zipper's post. That guy went in really hard....to see him only on crutches afterwards is a really good ending to that one.
        John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Comment

The sad event that occurred last Sept. is no doubt still the biggest thing airshow-wise on the average mind, and obviously still on the tiny mind of some mediocre news reporter. Associated just had to bleed the tragedy for more like the parasites they are.

I'm glad those other news sources have the class to "not go there"... Proof that there are still SOME people out there in the news-reporting universe with scruples and decency.

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 06-16-2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
            The sad event that occurred last Sept. is no doubt still the biggest thing airshow-wise on the average mind, and obviously still on the tiny mind of some mediocre news reporter. Associated just had to bleed the tragedy for more like the parasites they are.

I'm glad those other news sources have the class to "not go there"... Proof that there are still SOME people out there in the news-reporting universe with scruples and decency.

Yeah,local news never talks about air shows or car racing UNLESS there's a crash. No mention of who's leading, but they showed the crash at Le Mans where a car got airborne. #$%^@ sensationalists! Disgusting.

Comment

Theres more killed in stadiums falling apart at ball games than at air races. Why doesn't the media hit on that? Or injurys etc at ball games where the fans go crazy.

Comment

I was sitting with Buck Roetman in the hanger office Saturday when he got a phone call from a broadcast media person wanting an interview. He politely refused. Then he said to me, "They'd probably show their interview with me with a video in the background of that P-51 going in at Reno last year."
                Boy was he right. When I saw the AP clip with that last line they added to our local story I told him he was really right - but they did it in print anyway.
                Brad DeBow.

Comment

My name is mentioned in the article, but I hope everyone knows that I DID NOT add that last, very inappropriate, sentence about Reno, and neither did the Standard Journal, our local paper. It was added by some numbnuts at AP; and Buck was really glad he turned down all requests for interviews from other than our local Standard Journal reporter who we could vouch for as aviation friendly and interested in accuracy.
                  Brad DeBow

Comment

Blood sells. A sad commentary on us as humans.
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                    X