1/32 Model Unlimited Racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/32 Model Unlimited Racers

All right guys, here's my collection of 1/32 scale reno racers I've been working on for the last year. This is how I've been spending the offseason and getting my fix when I'm not getting updates from aafo. I started with the Ghost right after it happened as more of a therapeutic build and I guess it snowballed from there. Now I'm hooked on building my collection of my favorite racers and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. With all the custom work that goes into each one, finding the time is the biggest challenge. I have four other projects going right now- Critical Mass, Miss Ashley II, Precious Metal, and Dago (all in 1/32). The Bear and Voodoo and maybe Sumthing Else is next... I know they're not perfect but it's the best I can do so go easy on me.

I've been secretly admiring the amazing work of Big Jim and Xmwrench (that 1/24 Ghost Wrench did was a work of art).

Thanks for looking!

Brian Brunetti

Re: 1/32 Model Unlimited Racers

Sweet!
    I'm impressed, nice work.
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

??? Go easy? Man..those things are GORGEOUS!! Good job on every one of them. Good luck with the future projects. Be nice to see them "in-the-flesh".

Comment

Awesome work DOC !!
        Can´t imagine how do you guys get those custom markings.
        Thank you for posting it.

Comment

Color me, impressed. Nicely done.

Speaking of color (and therefore, the markings), I'd like to read how you finished each one (especially September Fury).

Well done, man, well done.

Comment

WOW DOC!!!!! Those are amazing!!!!!! And all 1/32!!!!!!

Big ol lunkersmy scale of choice as well.

Thank you for the compliment on my 1/24, I would also love to know some of the particulars as well....excellent, excellent job.....man they look good

.......I think we should have a little model show in Reno on Sat or something
            Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

... I know they're not perfect but it's the best I can do so go easy on me.

Heh-heh. An artist is always his/her own worst critic, and you, my friend, are indeed an artist. VERY nice work.

Comment

Wow! Thanks everyone for all the very kind words. It really means a lot to me to hear you guys enjoy them. I have a lot of fun chopping the stock models in to unlimited racers (most of the time).

Particulars? Where do I start? Each one has about 100 hours in to it. I have to give some credit to Keith Davidson, he's helped me with some of the decals (specifically 232). Taichiro's unlimited drawings in 1/48 makes the artwork a lot easier than creating from scratch. As far as the fab work goes, i would bore everyone to death if i went into detail about each one. I start with spending hours studying any pics i can find of the real thing. Come up with a plan and start cutting, sculpting (Miliputy), and lots of sanding, lots! I tried to make all the custom parts you see and don't see. The canopies are the most difficult part to create and I haven't found an easy way to do it yet. Ideas? Wrench?

The pics don't detail them as they are, would love to show them in person if there was a way.

Anyway, I can't thank you guys enough for appreciating them. Thanks again!

Brian

Comment

So the Sea Fury is a Hobbycraft kit?
                  Chris...

Comment

Stunning. I would give my left nut to have those on my shelf. You ever give any thought to building them for money???

Comment

232 Started as a Hobbycraft but I used quite a bit of Fisher parts to complete it. RB is 99% Fisher, can't take any credit for that one.

flyingjibus- No, I've never thought of building one for $$. I just build them for my own enjoyment. Building them to sell would probably drive me crazy trying to get the quality to a level worthy of selling.

Comment

would it make you feel better if I under paid you?

Comment

They are beautiful, fantastic work!

But regards making them for money,
                          my suggestion, would be to build them as you do now, at your expense and on your schedule and then offer it for sale once complete.
                          That way you are not working to a deadline, people can see what they
                          are going to get, and they either pay what you would like or not,
                          but at least you are not under any pressure to complete them to by a set date.
                          I suspect you would sell every one you offer.
                          "never pre sell"

Comment

Very nice work! Love the Super Corsair. Was that the old monogram kit?
                            Tony

Comment

One word "WOW"!!! Great work you are one talented individual. I'm jealous.

Good word for sure!
                              My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Working...
                              X