"We are RACING this september"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We are RACING this september"

Very interesting briefing this AM with our wonderful media lady at Stead.... she was extremely emphatic, "WE ARE RACING"!

Everything is in place, permits secured, insurance set... the only thing that would stand in the way is that they (RARA) need significant money for the quadrupled event insurance premium.. now TWO MILLION dollars!

They are sure they will get it but donations to RARA will certainly help. As a start, joining RARA will not only put a few more $$ in the kitty, it will benefit you, who sign up, with more information on a timely basis (newsletters)...

I'll have more details, but folks, it's a go, there is no way that this event is not going to happen!

Pictures later... had to return to room for forgotten blood pressure meds.... (UGH! but at least I'm reasonably sure what will kill me someday....)
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: "We are RACING this september"

Thank you for your Reno Air Races membership order.
    pylon judge, race fan

Comment

Is this from Sweet Valerie? I will get on board.

Comment

If the insurance was quadrupled from $500,000 per event to $2,000,000 per event, I'm assuming the increase was due to the accident that happened last year where there were numerous deaths, numerous injuries, medical bills, settlements?

What will happen to this insurance rate over time if there are no accidents where spectators/homeowners are hurt? Does it go down? If so, by how much per year? Will it ever return to the original rate of $500,000 per event? Who knows about insurance matters like this?

Comment

How to join ? I didn't see it on their site.

Comment

pylon judge, race fan

Comment

Originally posted by beachboss View Post
              Is this from Sweet Valerie? I will get on board.
              Yes, it was indeed from Valerie. And I too will be signing up. Wayne failed to mention that once you are a member of RARA, you get a RARA merchandise discount both on line and at the races.

Is it Septmeber yet?

LP

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
                If the insurance was quadrupled from $500,000 per event to $2,000,000 per event, I'm assuming the increase was due to the accident that happened last year where there were numerous deaths, numerous injuries, medical bills, settlements?

What will happen to this insurance rate over time if there are no accidents where spectators/homeowners are hurt? Does it go down? If so, by how much per year? Will it ever return to the original rate of $500,000 per event? Who knows about insurance matters like this?
                I am very familiar with it.
                They have great underwriters onboard who are airplane friendly.

Your question: Does it go down?
                I say No. A bit like gas prices these things are.
                Perhaps some lessening of the pain, but I can't see a full retreat.

I can virtually guarantee that the numbers being thrown around are likely not accurate and fair comparison. They never are. $2m v $500k for what? I don't know those answers. But policies can be lumped, joined, added to or modified in a thousand ways that make premium comparison impossible from the sidelines. The broker they use is the best in this business. I do know this was the best total option available. So, let's all go to the races!

Tj
                Tom Johnson,
                Aviation Insurance Broker / Yak 50 Owner
                www.airpowerinsurance.com

Comment

This isn't just affecting RARA. Race insurance for each aircraft owner will likely go up too and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same type of level of increase. Buy lots of merchandise from those that make it to the races. In summary, it's going to cost everyone a lot more.

Michael

Comment

The race liability quotes I had seen for the aircraft were minor. No big change at all. But that is a whole 'nother story...
                    Tom Johnson,

Comment

If it doesn't affect the racers much, that's good. Typical logic would make one think everyone is going to have to pay more.

Comment

What about the g-suit req rara has now? Are the teams installing them?

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
                          If it doesn't affect the racers much, that's good. Typical logic would make one think everyone is going to have to pay more.
                          indeed, thanks Michael
                          "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

I think "Typical Logic" still holds here... the insurance wasn't dramatically different from what I saw for race planes themselves.

But it still may be the rule of 1000 small cuts.
                            When it all adds up, I am sure for the racers it probably is a major increase in the cost of fielding.
                            Tom Johnson,

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                              Very interesting briefing this AM with our wonderful media lady at Stead.... she was extremely emphatic, "WE ARE RACING"!

Everything is in place, permits secured, insurance set... the only thing that would stand in the way is that they (RARA) need significant money for the quadrupled event insurance premium.. now TWO MILLION dollars!

They are sure they will get it but donations to RARA will certainly help. As a start, joining RARA will not only put a few more $$ in the kitty, it will benefit you, who sign up, with more information on a timely basis (newsletters)...

I'll have more details, but folks, it's a go, there is no way that this event is not going to happen!

Pictures later... had to return to room for forgotten blood pressure meds.... (UGH! but at least I'm reasonably sure what will kill me someday....)
                              (Just back from vacation shooting steel buffalo at 1/2 mile)
                              Man, am I getting senile.....had no idea I even COULD join RARA...well, just sent in my money....now to buy tickets....

Comment

Working...
                              X