PRS 2012 - Flight Ops Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS 2012 - Flight Ops Schedule

As always, expect changes... Hope to see some of youz guyz out there.

--md
    Attached Files

Re: PRS 2012 - Flight Ops Schedule

What does this mean?
    (Dreadnought Course√)

Comment

Thanks for Sharing. I'll be out there this afternoon.

Sure sounds great ti hear them fly. I'm working in my home office in the back of Lemmon Valley and the AT6 just took off flew right over the house, how see it is.

Come Sept its always hard to concentrate on work. I'm surprised I've never stubbed or broken a toe flying out of the house to see who just fly by LOL

Comment

Scepter, Dreadnought probably is the instructor plane used to train,etc unlimited pilots since it has a great view from the back seat to observe them on course.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

So the only unlimited slot is Thursday?
          Bummer, but I guess with few participants...
          Hopefully I can get out there for a few hours Saturday. OT and home repairs that HAVE to be done have cut ot PRS this year for me.
          Hopefully they fly a little in the evenings!
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

There are no unlimited rookies (or returning pilots) attending PRS this year. Dread is flying simply to test the most current course change / configuration.

Comment

They will only let you in as far as the grandstands.

Comment

What are the changes to the course?

Comment

I have not yet seen the moves but... 4 moved up the hill (YAY!) and I think 5-6-7-8 and 9 all moved east a bit.. we're cautiously optimistic that we'll get out to see the moves before the week is over.. it's up to the FAA, however, and we're on our best behavior, period, so there will be NO unofficial peeks by anyone.... hopefully....

Matt Jackson is up with Dreads to test fly the course, and I'll try to get a word from him regarding the changes..

Valerie (Press Lady) was extremely upbeat and optimistic this AM in her briefing to the media... As I said in the other thread, we ARE racing this September!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne, I realize that it took a bit of ca-hones to venture an approximation of the course changes at all from where you hafta stand (so far), so I especially appreciate it!
                    For me, probably the single most central thing I do to get my mind set to experience the races most fully, is to visualize dealing with the workload, and g-load, as if I had to fly the course at the razor edge of perfection myself. This info helps big time. So PLEASE keep it coming as you get more accurate details!

Also, I realize that little refining adjustments are likely depending on what Matt feels and thinks, and input from the jet class, etc., but ideally (hopefully!), RARA will release the new course overlaid on the old as soon as that is possible for them to do!

In the meantime, here's the currently posted RARA site course map that I look at to get started integrating the new info: http://www.airrace.org/at_the_races/course.php
                    PS: it helps to save the map as a picture file so ya can zoom on it.

Wayne is the Bestest "Electron Pushin' Head Board Head" Ever!!!!!!
                    C.R.
                    Last edited by C_roundy; 06-13-2012, 06:08 PM.
                    Carbon is groovy man...

Comment

Yes Outer 4-8 have moved east, some more than others. A few hundred feet for the most part. Likely changes course total length to a point at or below 8 miles. Likely won't be noticed by anyone other than seasoned spectators. Time will tell how it will be received by pilots. Dreadnought will give it a test Thursday.:

Very excited to see it first hand tomorrow. Hope they haven't moved my Home Pylon!

Be well everyone!
                      Owen Ashurst
                      Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                      http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Thanks , I was told to park behind grandstand and do not go past the grandstands per the security at the gate. I'll go back out tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X