PRS 2012- Last-minute Press Media Reminders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS 2012- Last-minute Press Media Reminders

Leaving for this year’s Reno PRS 2012, and Ms. Valerie Miller-Moore, RARA’s Marketing & PR Director, asked me to pass-along these FYI reminder notes f/the benefit of the air racing press corps members out there who’ll be attending the event this week:

Per FAA requirements f/staging this year’s RARA /PRS June 13-16, a maximum of only 40 members of the press media were allowed to be approved & f/anyone who’s not already signed-up & are still-thinking of applying for credentials to cover the PRS event, note that ‘ALL SLOTS ARE FILLED’ as of this time.

The FAA has denied pylon access by the media for this PRS this go-around, but RARA is working closely-together w/the FAA to reinstate pylon media access for coverage of this coming September’s NCAR event’s resumption, w/a full-racing program planned.

There will still be ramp access at PRS, for members of the press who check-out a ramp vest, w/golf cart transportation provided by RARA Media Ops Team.

While press isn’t able to work the pylons at PRS, media photographers will be afforded the opportunity to enjoy access to shoot fm a provided 30-acre stretch along the outer racecourse W. Chute/‘V-O-S’ fenceline, between Outer 6 & 7 pylons (which should be great, seeing as the Jet Class has a good-sized PRS attendance registration). High-G Ridge will also be open, w/transportation provided f/those interested in shooting fm that location.

NIKON, Inc. will be there at PRS, making their latest & greatest photo gear & technical expertise available to credentialed members of the press media.

Due to RARA budget contraints, no food catering f/media will be provided this PRS, but they’re working very-hard at this time to have a designated food truck vendor on-site. Not sure if this will happen, so anyone attending is encouraged to bring your own food & beverages.

Credentialed-media will also be able to attend the Friday night Volunteer Awards Banquet in the big RARA HQ Hangar.

Lastly, f/anyone interested in attending- RARA will hold a special memorial service to honor departed founding RARA board member emeritus- ROY POWERS, -Saturday evening at 6pm at the hangar.

Looks to be a great rookie turnout for Jet, Sport & T-6 Classes, with a number of Bipes & F-1s. Only one or two Unlimiteds are expected, unfortunately, but as has been the case w/previous PRS years, some more planes may likely show up at Stead during Monday & Tuesday.

See you there!

DBD
    Last edited by BuckyD; 06-11-2012, 10:35 AM.

Re: PRS 2012- Last-minute Press Media Reminders

Thanks for the info.
    Have a good trip down and we will see you here.

Comment

Driving down tomorrow AM Buckey, see ya on the ramp!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Question. Has the course been adjusted?

Steve

Comment

Wish I could be there. So I hope to see some pictures here from PRS. I`m especially interested in the new formula 1 racers.

I have to wait for September to be there, but flights for me and my familie are booked. The same for the RV, so nearly nothing can stop us!!!

Best regards,
          Franz

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
            Question. Has the course been adjusted?

Steve
            Yes. At least once. Probably will be again after PRS

Comment

I was wondering if this is open to the public to sit in the bleachers and watch?

Comment

No food service, water or porta-potties. No access to IF-1 hangar.
                Deadlines for vehicles. Grandstands are the permanent Resrved bleachers and offer good view of on course flying. Flying schdules like races - IF-1's and Bipes early in the AM, Jets last to fly.
                Have not seen official schedule, but that is how it is usually done.

Best info would be a cvall to RARA.

Comment

Thank you, that was all the info I needed. will be there taking some photos.

Comment

I'm not sure it will help at this point, but maybe it would be good for the FAA to know and understand that the photos you guys have taken have been invalueable to the racers.

I have looked at many of the photos to see how the flight controls and other things attached to the air machine are reacting when going around the pylons and have been able to make improvements.

One of the best examples of what you guys have provided are the photos of the Yak wing flexing and pointed out as a weakness that could have been a much worse outcome than a wing rebuild.

I hope they understand or can be made to understand you guys provide a great service to us racers.

Thanks for all you do.

Chip Woods

Comment

Originally posted by Race 22 mech View Post
                      I'm not sure it will help at this point, but maybe it would be good for the FAA to know and understand that the photos you guys have taken have been invalueable to the racers.

I have looked at many of the photos to see how the flight controls and other things attached to the air machine are reacting when going around the pylons and have been able to make improvements.

One of the best examples of what you guys have provided are the photos of the Yak wing flexing and pointed out as a weakness that could have been a much worse outcome than a wing rebuild.

I hope they understand or can be made to understand you guys provide a great service to us racers.

Thanks for all you do.

Chip Woods
                      Thanks Chip... !
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Race 22 mech View Post

Thanks for all you do.

Chip Woods
                        Thank you Chip, I will keep on shooting photo.

Comment

Working...
                        X