GoPro Article and Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoPro Article and Video

The June 2012 Popular Mechanics has a good article on the start-up company - GoPro.

Almost reminds me of how Steve Jobs turned a garage dream into a empire. GoPro's, Nick Woodman has changed the way we capture and present video. Just recently they had to move their small Half Moon Bay office to a bigger location to keep up with the growth.

Heres a new aviation themed video.

Shot 100% on the new HD HERO2® camera from http://GoPro.com.

Two time Red Bull Air Race World Champion Kirby Chambliss takes us on an epic flight over the b...

I sense we'll be seeing some cool GoPro video from the air races this year.

Re: GoPro Article and Video

I've reviewed a lot of articles on little cams like these searching for a good helmet cams for my mountain bike. The Hero Gopro had the best picture of them all.

Comment

My son has one he uses when he runs his Mini, great video.
      Would sure like to get it into an air racer!
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
        I've reviewed a lot of articles on little cams like these searching for a good helmet cams for my mountain bike. The Hero Gopro had the best picture of them all.
        Speaking of bike helmet cams, ever see this guy :-)

riding junktowns skinny ridges in the snow to make things more interesting on my home made studsto license this video contact info@viralvideouk.com

Comment

That was just insane. One slip on either side and he's going all the way to the bottom. I wonder how he eventually got down from there....cargo helicopter?

I have a cam on my bike helmet, a BadVision "Spark". Badvision is another start-up, but isn't doing as well.

Mine's just a pinhole-type cam with an hour's recording time, but is only the size and shape of a lipstick case and weighs practically nothing, and so is less noticeable than the Hero on my head.

You've probably seen this Jeb Corliss's wing-suit video already. I count at least 3 GoPro Hero cams on him,....put to damn good use too, I might add:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYMkn07wPso[/YT]
          Last edited by AirDOGGe; 05-24-2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

That shot of him talking the balloons is crazy. Once he commits theres not room for error. His buddy sure got out of the way quick LOL.

Comment

Case in point: When he he tried that in South Africa recently it turned out quite differently. He was just a liiiiitttttlllle low. Still recovering, but alive. Video is on Youtube.

GP

Comment

Giddy up Go Pro

jim

Comment

Jim,

Wow, thats a experience of a life time being up there and tucked in close with the old gals, your a lucky man.

The camera on the wing past the yellow strip, very small profile, but the picture is outstanding.

Thanks for sharing, any video of the flight?

Hans
                  Last edited by Desertdawg; 05-24-2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harley909 View Post
                    Giddy up Go Pro

jim

Best use of a GoPro camera I've seen anywhere, anytime.

Comment

Thanks! We are working with a Go Pro rep and producing some pretty spectacular footage. These shots are just random stills from the video. I am hoping to have a full video ready by mid June. We now have a filter that eliminates the simitar prop. Awesome stuff and has changed the way we shoot the aircraft.

jim

Comment

Originally posted by Harley909 View Post
                        We now have a filter that eliminates the simitar prop. Awesome stuff and has changed the way we shoot the aircraft.

jim

That'll be a neutral density filter that I developed and didn't keep to myself!

Evan's dad Tim
                        http://evanflys.com/

Comment

You guys are killing me, these 2 vids are bitchen, great match with the music.

Added them to my Vimeo "Aviation" playlist for watching later through Apple TV and the big screen.

Comment

Great videos. Can you share any information or photos of the camera mounts?

Chappie

Comment

Here is a video one of our guys recently compiled...pretty spectacular footage.

Random clips from the 2012 Wings of Freedom tour. Clips are through the San Diego area stops, check back for more videos of the rest of the tour!

Comment

Working...
                              X