Oregon/Washington Members Air Racers #D viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon/Washington Members Air Racers #D viewing

A few racefans and myself will be watching Air racers 3d on Sunday the 27th.

This is opening weekend and the last time I talked to the museum they said Steve-O or the directors will be there. Planning on watching the movie and hitting up the museum as well.

If any members are planning on seeing this at Evergreen it would be cool to see you.

We will be wearing section three shirts.

Evergreeen has not posted show times yet.

Re: Oregon/Washington Members Air Racers #D viewing

Great news. I'll be driving up to BC in August to pickup my dad and bring him to Reno for couple weeks. The plan is a 2 day return trip with spending one night in McKinneville and visiting the museum.

Thats just a nice area, and the museum pretty cool as well. I'll have to watch the movie with pops.

I was really disappointed that they did not get a shuttle or at least the Enterprise. The Northeast region got a Shuttle and the Enterprise, Northwest region nada. The Evergreen folks even had the 3rd building ready for one

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
      Great news. I'll be driving up to BC in August to pickup my dad and bring him to Reno for couple weeks. The plan is a 2 day return trip with spending one night in McKinneville and visiting the museum.

Thats just a nice area, and the museum pretty cool as well. I'll have to watch the movie with pops.

I was really disappointed that they did not get a shuttle or at least the Enterprise. The Northeast region got a Shuttle and the Enterprise, Northwest region nada. The Evergreen folks even had the 3rd building ready for one

I have it from some really good sources that Evergreen was absolutely going to get a shuttle, but our wonderfull Senator David Wu failed to fill out some paperwork that was needed. This was shortly before Wu resigned due to drug/ethics/being crazy problems.

Thanks asshole.

Comment

We've been planning a trip over the bumps to check it out, so maybe we'll just make it this weekend instead of next... Was kind of looking forward to a long quiet weekend at home to work on the unlimited racer of the future though:

Maybe we'll see you there!

Comment

Originally posted by 1:1 Scale View Post
          We've been planning a trip over the bumps to check it out, so maybe we'll just make it this weekend instead of next... Was kind of looking forward to a long quiet weekend at home to work on the unlimited racer of the future though:

That be one very happy boy!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

That was Sunday, the first time I had the wings and gear legs on it. He was WAY excited! If it'll fit in the car, I plan on pushing him around the pits this year

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post

Not totally correct - The Museum of Flight at Boeing Field is supposed to get one of the flight sims and the public can get up and personal with it.

Will be ther this week-end for the Aluminum Overcast and will check it out.

Comment

That was Sunday, the first time I had the wings and gear legs on it. He was WAY excited! If it'll fit in the car, I plan on pushing him around the pits this year
                LOL.. you're going to have BeerNazi Paparazzi on ya if you get it there! She taught elemtery from college to retirement... loves cameras and kids... LOTS'a pictures from that girl.
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The Museum of Flight Seattle is getting the FFT, Full Fuselage Trainer. It will be housed in the Simonyi Gallery, across the street from the main MoF building that houses the Great Gallery and Personal Courage Wing. It's accessable from a sky bridge.

Yes, you'll be able to have "hands on" experience where every STS crew member walked and trained. While not a "space craft" it is nonetheless a very unique artifact that you can touch and feel.

Hey ShermB...I'll be out of town this weekend and miss the show at MoF. Sorry to miss you as well. Hope you have a great time and will I see you at PRS? Next time you're in Seattle, please let me know and I'll be happy to give you the "Elivs Tour" of MoF. Been a Docent there for over 10 years. Great place...great folks.
                  Last edited by Air Boss; 05-22-2012, 09:38 PM.
                  Owen Ashurst
                  Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                  http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Will take you up on the personal tour. Been there many times over the years. CWB used to meet there 2nd Sat every month of the non-flying season, then we alternated between Paine and MOF. Most of us like the MOF meeting site better than in the hanger at Paine, but can't beat it for special events. Two long time friends Docents for years - Bob Drew and Bruce Haskin. Known 'em for over 25 years. Very small world we live in. I may even know you by face rather than name for that matter.

Comment

That is very nicely done!

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB View Post
                        Two long time friends Docents for years - Bob Drew and Bruce Haskin. Known 'em for over 25 years.
                        I wouldn't trust either one of those guys any farther than I could throw 'em........

Comment

My father is a docent there as well.

Comment

Do you know if it's playing this weekend? On their site, the first mention of it is June 5th. Then a private showing for members only on the 7th.

I was really hoping to fly down this weekend and check it out. Seems like we've been waiting forever.
                            Jeff

Comment

It is. I have been talking to them. The show times are still not listed but they told me it is opening friday.

Comment

Working...
                              X