Bear Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear Up?

Two different times today something fast was flying around Stead. Took a quick trip to the ramp this morning but whatever it was was already hangered. In the morning it sounded a lot like a fast sea fury but it was too high and in the sun to get a visual. In the afternoon there was another flight. This time it definately sounded like the Bear. Whatever it was both times it was smoking!

Anybody got any info? I assume it is preparation for the record run, but the morning flight sure sounded like a Sea Fury. Any chance they're preparing Sept Fury also? Sure is a nice sound to hear on a Saturday hanging arround the garage!

Re: Bear Up?

Originally posted by Rampman View Post
    Two different times today something fast was flying around Stead. Took a quick trip to the ramp this morning but whatever it was was already hangered. In the morning it sounded a lot like a fast sea fury but it was too high and in the sun to get a visual. In the afternoon there was another flight. This time it definately sounded like the Bear. Whatever it was both times it was smoking!

Anybody got any info? I assume it is preparation for the record run, but the morning flight sure sounded like a Sea Fury. Any chance they're preparing Sept Fury also? Sure is a nice sound to hear on a Saturday hanging arround the garage!
    The Bear has been flying for the past several days. Sept. Fury is in Chino with no motor on it.

Comment

Usually I'm pretty good at identifying the Bear by sound but not this time. I heard it at work also and it sounds like they have it cranked up pretty good. You usually just hear the rumble when they test durring the off season. Wish I could see the record attempt.

Too bad about Sept Fury. I'd like to see her raced again.

Comment

September Fury WILL be raced again. There is a video up on the Leiws Air Legends site with a look back on the past year of races and the future...it says that September Fury, La Patrona, and rare Bear will all be there...they've been building a new race engine for September Fury in the off season but have not installed it yet.
        "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
        -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by Rampman View Post
          Usually I'm pretty good at identifying the Bear by sound but not this time. I heard it at work also and it sounds like they have it cranked up pretty good. You usually just hear the rumble when they test durring the off season. Wish I could see the record attempt.

Too bad about Sept Fury. I'd like to see her raced again.
          September Fury WILL be raced again. There is a video up on the Lewis Air Legends site with a look back on the past year of races and the future...it says that September Fury (232), La Patrona, and Rare Bear will all be there...they've been building a new race engine for September Fury in the off season but have not installed it yet.
          -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Check out the top video: Reno Races...a look back.
            -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Working...
            X