Hawker Hunter Plane Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawker Hunter Plane Crash

A private owned Hawker Hunter Jet crashed & the pilot was killed on final approach to Pt. Mugu Naval Base,CA on returning from a training flight with another aircraft. The plane was from Newport News,VA & it was used as a "bandit" type jet.Crash site was on You Tube.
    Lockheed Bob

Re: Hawker Hunter Plane Crash

I hope this is the last for awhile... The Devil is never satisfied, but maybe he can take a vacation or something...

News Link:

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 05-19-2012, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
      I hope this is the last for awhile... The Devil is never satisfied, but maybe he can take a vacation or something...

News Link:

Unfortunately not the last. There was a fatal L-39 crash in NV on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
        Unfortunately not the last. There was a fatal L-39 crash in NV on Friday.
        Ouch.. where? I'm currently down in Vegas doing some work on a recently acquired property for a friend.... No TV, "borrowed" (probably completely insecure) INTERNET connection, via an open wireless router in the neighborhood...

If AAFO.COM suddenly winds up being a Pron site.. (misspelling intended) you will know why....

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
          Ouch.. where?
          Just outside of Boulder City. Appears to have lost power on take off. The tough times keep coming...

Comment

Was Lee Behel and #55 SPIRIT OF FREEDOM involved? An article I ran across featured this photo and caption, but gave no names:

An Aero Vodochody L39 jet taxis for takeoff at the Boulder City Airport just before crashing into the desert about a half mile west of the airstrip.

Two people were killed Friday afternoon when a small, single-engine jet crashed just west of Boulder City Airport, authorities said. According to Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor, a Czech-made Aero Vodochody L39 jet crashed for unknown reasons about a half mile from the airport.

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 05-20-2012, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Was Lee Behel and #55 SPIRIT OF FREEDOM involved? An article I ran across featured this photo and caption, but gave no names:

An Aero Vodochody L39 jet taxis for takeoff at the Boulder City Airport just before crashing into the desert about a half mile west of the airstrip.

Two people were killed Friday afternoon when a small, single-engine jet crashed just west of Boulder City Airport, authorities said. According to Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor, a Czech-made Aero Vodochody L39 jet crashed for unknown reasons about a half mile from the airport.

Lee was not involved.

The pilot of a jet fighter plane that crashed near Boulder City Friday has been identified as Douglas Gilliss by members of the Red Steel Jet Team, of which Gilliss was a member.

Comment

I was going to post about the L-39 crash shortly after it happened on friday but couldn't remember how to start a new thread or how to add pictures ( I've only done it one time )

Comment

Thx Race5.

Video shown today show a mostly intact airframe with what appears to be an undamaged cockpit.

Comment

Thx Race5.

Video shown today show a mostly intact airframe with what appears to be an undamaged cockpit.
                    Yeah I saw the pics. If I didn't know otherwise, I would have assumed it was survivable. Never know though at the speed it impacted at. Hearing it was an engine out due to bird ingestion.

Comment

Working...
                    X