Any Heritage Flight info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Heritage Flight info?

Does anyone know what aircraft will make up the heritage flight this year? I hope the POF P-38 makes the trip again this year. My six year old son will be making his first trip too Reno this year, and he is a huge P-38 fan.

What about Glacier Girl making the trip for the Heritage Trophy competetion?

Looks like a great week of competition is shaping up.

Kevin L

GO BEAR GO

GO HOGS, BEAT TEXAS

Re: Any Heritage Flight info?

Originally posted by Kevin L
    What about Glacier Girl making the trip for the Heritage Trophy competetion?
    Kevin,

Glacier Girl won the Eastern Region competition at Dayton http://heritagetrophy.org/03/news/july_24_03.html as far as I remember the rules, you can only enter one region per year. Would be nice to see the airplane out here anyway!

But I doubt it..

Zero idea on who/what will be in the Heritage Flight/flights, or even if there are any scheduled.

I'd check http://airrace.org/ and see if they have anything listed. We don't get much in the way of press releases from them anymore so their site would usually be the one with the most up-to-date schedule information.

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks Wayne,

I didn't know you couldn't go for the "clean sweep" in the Heritage competition. I would like to see her there anyway, but probably not.

I had checked airrace.org, but did not see any info concerning the heritage flight.

Will you be at the Bears BBQ dinner on friday? I'm looking forward to meeting you and some of the other "names" that I see on this board all the time. I'm sure the mustang guys will be trying to lend some assistance to the various merlin swaps that will be going on. Maybe we can save them a plate of food.

Sharon said they had plenty of fuel for the bear, so the "siphon safari" has been cancelled.

Kevin

Comment

Kevin,

Wouldn't miss the Rare Bear Merlin Engine Bar-B-Q I hear they're gonna wash it all down with plenty of fine Italian red wine...

I spect you'll see a few of the Merlin Magicians out at that feed... long about that time, a big ol' bottle of Rare Bear Brew would prolly hit the spot just fine for them

Sharon said they had plenty of fuel for the bear, so the "siphon safari" has been cancelled.
        Oh No.. I heard they were counting on you guys for fuel

Gotta admit, those messages had me rolling on the floor!

I had this vision of a bunch of empty fuel tanks in the morning and a bunch of crews scratching their heads???

I'll be at the BBQ till about 6:30 or 7:00 or so, I have to pick up someone at the airport so I have to leave a bit early....

See ya there, I'm not hard to miss. Dunno how but everyone seems to be able to recognize me, despite my semi-obvious attempts at staying anon... oh yea.. then there was that year on the tuther side of the camera

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Speaking of cameras, I haven't been able to squirrel enough money aside for any of those Nikon digitals. My dad has one, but I will half to be content with my 25 year old Nikon FG. It is nice, but I sure burn up a lot of film.

With the price of fuel right now, maybe we should break out the hoses and empty some tanks. Then we could sell it back to them at a discount price. Are there any military surplus stores around Reno that we could get some jerry cans?

It's all about having fun, well it should be anyway.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin L
            I will half to be content with my 25 year old Nikon FG.
            Kevin

Are you sure that is not MY FG that went missing when we were BOTH at Harding U? Oh, I still volunteer to be in charge of the beer bottles. Since we won't be stealing any gas, this will be a very fun job.

Clay
            Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

Well unfortunately both the Air Museum's P-38 and Glacier Girl will not be attending Reno this year as they are both scheduled to appear next Saturday in Middlesboro, Kentucky for the Lost Squadron's/Air Museum airshow along with the Air Museum's P-40, and the F6F Hellcat. It's possible they museum might send up the Mustang "Spam Can"

Comment

Working...
              X