Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hot off the Press - Reno Air Races Get OK

I'll buy that for a dollar!
    '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Awsome. How about the FAA waivers, are they in place? Aside from trying to buy insurance which in the end is a price issue, what else needs to happen.

Comment

The permit also requires them to adhere to all NTSB recommendations. If the NTSB wants the unlimiteds to install G-suits, go through tons of engineering studies etc, it's probably too close to Sept. for all of that to happen.

Comment

It is a series of steps to get to the NCAR, usually almost a year long process. You don't get the insuance until you have the permit, etc. Mike H. said the insurance info should be arriving in the next few days.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have room reservations and transportation all lined up.

The volunteers I supervise at the races are just waiting for their marching orders, and will get them when I come back from PRS in a few weeks. I am already getting packed for that trip!
          Last edited by ShermB; 05-17-2012, 05:03 PM. Reason: Spelling error - not excited, or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB View Post
            It is a series of steps to get to the NCAR, usually almost a year long process. You don't get the insuance until you have the permit, etc. Mike H. said the insurance info should be arriving in the next few days.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have room reservations and transportation all lined up.

The volunteers I supervise at the races are just waiting for their marching orders, and will get them when I come back from PRS in a few weeks. I am already getting packed for that trip!
            Betty, thanks for the update....I am having good thoughts for us all.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
              The permit also requires them to adhere to all NTSB recommendations. If the NTSB wants the unlimiteds to install G-suits, go through tons of engineering studies etc, it's probably too close to Sept. for all of that to happen.
              All systems are go. We are preparing for launch. T minus four months and counting. Get your tickets while they last. This is going to one big event and you won't want to miss it. RARA and all the racers needs your support to make this happen. We all need to start purchasing our tickets and make room reservations so RARA can do their job putting on the fastest racing event in the world. Come on gang!!! The owners and pilots are doing their part. Its time for all the fans to step up to the plate and make this the best year ever. We need to break all previous attendance records to help off set the massive cost increases that are now part of event. Remember RARA is a non-profit organization. So let's everyone do their part and show all the other racing events that we are still the fastest, safest motor sport on earth. We have done it for 48 years. We can do it another 48. We just need your help. The fans are what make this event possible. I am calling on everyone out there to dig down deep help make this happen. Call your friends and neighbors. Let' show the world that we support our sport. I will promise that this guy will have the hammer down and going for the GOLD!!!!! You won't be disappointed.

MJ

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jackson View Post
                All systems are go. We are preparing for launch. T minus four months and counting. Get your tickets while they last. This is going to one big event and you won't want to miss it. RARA and all the racers needs your support to make this happen. We all need to start purchasing our tickets and make room reservations so RARA can do their job putting on the fastest racing event in the world. Come on gang!!! The owners and pilots are doing their part. Its time for all the fans to step up to the plate and make this the best year ever. We need to break all previous attendance records to help off set the massive cost increases that are now part of event. Remember RARA is a non-profit organization. So let's everyone do their part and show all the other racing events that we are still the fastest, safest motor sport on earth. We have done it for 48 years. We can do it another 48. We just need your help. The fans are what make this event possible. I am calling on everyone out there to dig down deep help make this happen. Call your friends and neighbors. Let' show the world that we support our sport. I will promise that this guy will have the hammer down and going for the GOLD!!!!! You won't be disappointed.

MJ
                Matt, my fiance and I will be there for our FIRST NCAR. Everything is already booked: season passes for Reserved Grandstand Seating and Pit Passes, as well as all flights, rentals, lodging, etc. GO ROUNDIES :-P
                "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

MJ
                  That's the spirit! I'm with you, Matt. The hotel room is booked. Very glad to hear you "...will have the hammer down" That's a very big hammer, and we all need to be there to see and hear that
                  Last edited by N22252; 05-18-2012, 05:48 AM. Reason: puncutation

Comment

MJ
                    Sounds good to me! How's the paint coming? I saw a very small "teaser" of a painted part. That thing is going to look bitchin' !

Comment

Believe the requirement regarding the speed jeans was to "evaluate" the concept of installing them, not mandate. And remember, the NTSB can only recommend. They have no regulatory authority. That's the FAA's role.

Another major hurdle cleared. Big thumbs up to RARA for the way they've managed this process.
                      Owen Ashurst
                      Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                      http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
                        Believe the requirement regarding the speed jeans was to "evaluate" the concept of installing them, not mandate. And remember, the NTSB can only recommend. They have no regulatory authority. That's the FAA's role.

Another major hurdle cleared. Big thumbs up to RARA for the way they've managed this process.
                        The way it's worded though, the airport board is requiring RARA to comply with all of the NTSB recomendations whether the FAA mandates the changes or not.

Comment

Great news! We made our hotel reservations in early January, got a real deal from Circus-Circus where we always stay. I hope this will be the biggest turn out in the history of the races. Our group is ready. This will be my 38th year. Maybe we can even get the women out this year. The races started to get to be a guy's trip in 2003. The guy's use to do a spring trip every year to Talladaga for the Nascar race. After the ladies started getting tired of watching the races every day, (we never understood that) we dropped Talladaga and it's been the guys since. This includes my two son's who I first took with the wife to Reno in 1974 when they were small boys. Reno is the big event we look forward to every year. And it gives us a chance to exercise the planes with a good x-country. GO RENO!
                          Ron

Comment

Strangely enough MY wife has shown interest in going this year, at least to the arrivals and quali's. She has been a staunch resistor since 1987.
                            Something has aligned in the heavens...
                            Still saving for the tickets but all other plans are in place!
                            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                              The way it's worded though, the airport board is requiring RARA to comply with all of the NTSB recomendations whether the FAA mandates the changes or not.
                              There is nothing standing in the way of the races now. Issues are resolved and the State of Nevada along with the Airport authority are all on board of the air races. So let's quit the assumptions and go with the facts. Races are on. The only thing standing in the way is will we have a crowd big enough for RARA to cover this years expenses. If they fail, we all loose the greatest racing event on earth. So lets go Race Fans. Get those reservations in and show your support. My sponsor never wavered on his commitment to go racing. The plane was back apart and being worked on the day it arrived back at Ione. My crew chief and fantastic crew have been working their asses off to make the plane the best we can for this years racing. We decided we were racing the day after the accident. Even if there was no Reno Race the racers would have a race somewhere, even it was out in the middle of no where. There would be a race I assure you. So our commitment as racers has never wavered. Also note that the NTSB Stated "They had no intentions of shutting down the races". I can also assure you the FAA had no intentions either. There has been fantastic support from all the government agencies to make this race happen. So don't think there is a conspiracy to stop the races. There is not!!! Let's go race!!!!

MJ

Comment

Working...
                              X