Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went by Stead.....

Took a ride to Reno for an OverNighter.
    Drove out to Stead on the way out on Saturday morning, to show my wife where it all happened.
    Site still securely fenced off.

Noticed what appeared to be a Bearcat vertical tip in the distance, so drove by.
    Was treated to a start and run up of Rear Bear.
    My wife wasn't excited at all, like I was. But she patiently watched as I expressed my excitement with a boyish giggle as the prop turned over and the Bear came to life.

That stuff obviously doesn't get to her as much as me. But I appreciate that she recognizes my fascination and wonder.

Re: Went by Stead.....

Big boys with their big toys....As far as airplanes go, I doubt I'll ever "grow up".

Every September I get all giddy like a kid on Christmas morning right before he gets to open his presents. If that's the wrong way to be, then let me be wrong!

Comment

My wife gets almost as jacked-up about air racing as I do. I guess I am a lucky man as she has attended Reno 25 out of the 27 times I have.

Comment

I am pumped just thinking about my upcoming trip to PRS! Can't come soon enough.
        Last edited by ShermB; 05-14-2012, 05:12 PM. Reason: So excited I can't spell correctly.;-)

Comment

My wife never cared for air racing until Big Bossman came along. She bought a bunch of shirts and actually came to the races with me. Bossman changed names and my wife quit coming and has regressed into not caring any more. Oh well, I'll be exited for the both of us! BTW, this will be my 37th year at the races!!!
          Tony

Comment

I re-fi'd my house 3X to race at Reno and finally won. I'm deep in dept without any regret.... "No Balls No Blue Chips"!!!

Comment

So, for those of you that have been reporting the Bear sitings this past week or so, what prop is on the plane?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystical Power View Post
                I re-fi'd my house 3X to race at Reno and finally won. I'm deep in dept without any regret.... "No Balls No Blue Chips"!!!
                Thank you for giving us the chance to root for you.

Comment

Originally posted by badman View Post
                  So, for those of you that have been reporting the Bear sitings this past week or so, what prop is on the plane?
                  The 4 blade.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                    The 4 blade.
                    Thanx for the info! Anyone know if they plan to put the 3-blader on it for the speed run and if not, why?

Comment

Originally posted by badman View Post
                      Thanx for the info! Anyone know if they plan to put the 3-blader on it for the speed run and if not, why?
                      4 blader. The 3 blader is slower and less stable, and there is no official record class for the "coolest sounding" airplane.

Comment

Originally posted by Box A35 View Post
                        4 blader. The 3 blader is slower and less stable, and there is no official record class for the "coolest sounding" airplane.
                        Very good!

Comment

I have it on good authority that Rod Lewis did a one for one swap with Thom Richard. Precious Metal will have the 3-blade at Reno, and the Bear will be running the Shackelton setup for the 3km.

Jusssayin'.

Comment

Rare Bear + 3x7121A+1990 = Gold victory and new race record.

1991 = New qualifying record
                            1991 = Gold victory and new Race record again
                            1992 = Another new qualifying record...

"boys...this program's not working, let's go back to the Aeroproducts..."

Sorry, not buying it...just my $.02

Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                              I have it on good authority that Rod Lewis did a one for one swap with Thom Richard. Precious Metal will have the 3-blade at Reno, and the Bear will be running the Shackelton setup for the 3km.

Jusssayin'.
                              Where is Thom going to get one that spins the other way

Wasn't there an R-2800 built with a contra rotating prop setup for a prototype of some sort?

Comment

Working...
                              X