Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress test

ref:
    NEW MEDICAL REQUIREMENT: RARA requires each contestant, regardless of class, to have a current Type I or II Medical Certificate issued within six (6) months of any RARA race event, i.e. PRS and NCAR. Additionally, RARA highly recommends that all race pilots complete an EKG and a stress test and document same in the NCAR Race Entry Package.

What are the requirements for an airline pilot?

Re: Stress test

Class I medical is for ATP (Airline Transport Pilot) every 6 months over age 40
    Class II medical is for Commercial pilots every 12 months
    Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
      Class I medical is for ATP (Airline Transport Pilot) every 6 months over age 40
      Class II medical is for Commercial pilots every 12 months
      OK, thanks! I will do a bit of research and see if I can find out the difference from a medical point of view....

Comment

ATP class one standards also include:

ekg at age 35
        ekg once a year for over 40 pilots
        bob burns
        ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
        "dont mess with texas"

Comment

This was the important part for me because I just turned 30 and have never had glasses. This is in addition to a 3rd class medical.

Distant Vision - 20/20 or better in each eye separately, with or without correction.

Intermediate Vision- 20/40 or better in each eye separately (Snellen equivalent), with or without correction at age 50 and over, as measured at 32 inches.

Lucky for me I passed today with 20/20 and no glasses, but it was close.. haha
          Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
            This was the important part for me because I just turned 30 and have never had glasses. This is in addition to a 3rd class medical.

Distant Vision - 20/20 or better in each eye separately, with or without correction.

Intermediate Vision- 20/40 or better in each eye separately (Snellen equivalent), with or without correction at age 50 and over, as measured at 32 inches.

Lucky for me I passed today with 20/20 and no glasses, but it was close.. haha
            Just so I understand you, the vision tests are demanded for a First or second class medical? 20/40 with eye glasses seems pretty easy, especially with my Varilux progressives.....

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
              Just so I understand you, the vision tests are demanded for a First or second class medical? 20/40 with eye glasses seems pretty easy, especially with my Varilux progressives.....
              20/20 Distant, 20/40 Intermediate

Probably no big deal for people that already have glasses.

A little harder for those of us that don't.
              Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

OK...got it....I never had good vision....but I sure love my glasses! Six inches to infinity.....

Comment

Working...
                X