Bear in the air?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear in the air?

Posted on FB the Bear is flying with Skip Holm.. Is he the pilot for 3K attempt?
    Last edited by eldon2101; 05-10-2012, 05:45 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Re: Bear in the air?

Skip Holm.
    That would be great.
    Chris...

Comment

REPORTING AT 5:49 P.M.
      SKIP HOLMS VOICE IS LOUD AN CLEAR OVER THE RADIO.
      THE BEAR IS IN THE AIR.
      AS IS TYPICAL OF SKIP- ONE STRAIGHT LINE PASS AT 10000'
      WAS MADE AND EASILY IN EXCESS OF 450 MPH.
      LOOKS CLEAN. SOUNDS HEALTHY.
      CHEERS ALL-GHOST

Comment

Just throwin' this out there...........Any chance that Mr. Holm could be the Bear's new pilot for all occasions???

Kevin

Comment

5/11 Friday 9:15 am

Bear alert - he's up and sounding real good.

Today I am wearing by favorite Rare Bear Shirt.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 05-11-2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
            5/11 Friday 9:15 am

Today I am wearing by favorite Rear Bear Shirt too boot.

Well, let's see a picture of which one that is.

PJ

Comment

I think he is just doing the test pilot thing, because that is his job.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                I think he is just doing the test pilot thing, because that is his job.

"...Men came to the high desert of California to ride it. They were called test pilots. And no one knew their names."

- The Right Stuff, opening credits

How times change....now as soon as the hot plane takes off everybody knows the pilot's name

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
                  "...Men came to the high desert of California to ride it. They were called test pilots. And no one knew their names."

- The Right Stuff, opening credits

How times change....now as soon as the hot plane takes off everybody knows the pilot's name
                  "There was a demon........"

RIP Levon Helm. A pretty good drummer and singer, but the best damn Jack Ridley to ever take to the silver screen!

Comment

"Hey Ridley, you got a stick of Beeman's?"

Probably the best ensemble aerospace film ever, and one of the coolest stories ever told - damn fine book too.

Comment

Am I correct in recalling that Skip has flown the Bear previously? I seem to recall a rift of some sort between Lyle and Skip, due to a personality conflict, or a perceived slight, that resulted in Skip being uninvited from the Bear's cockpit for the remainder of Lyle's ownership.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.......don't want to spread disimformation.
                      I'm just curious if Lyle might be throwin' down some lighting bolts!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by FuryFan View Post
                        Am I correct in recalling that Skip has flown the Bear previously? I seem to recall a rift of some sort between Lyle and Skip, due to a personality conflict, or a perceived slight, that resulted in Skip being uninvited from the Bear's cockpit for the remainder of Lyle's ownership.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.......don't want to spread disimformation.
                        I'm just curious if Lyle might be throwin' down some lighting bolts!

Kevin
                        Yes, Skip has flown the Bear before.

But the 'rift' that you are thinking of actually was between Skip and Bob Button over an article that Skip wrote for Air Classics about 'testing' Voodoo...said some less than flattering things as only Skip can, and it sort of blindsided Button.

Comment

Originally posted by JLKnolla View Post
                          "Hey Ridley, you got a stick of Beeman's?"

Probably the best ensemble aerospace film ever, and one of the coolest stories ever told - damn fine book too.
                          I wish I had seen it before I read Yeager's book and then met him. kinda ruined the movie for me. It's good though.

Comment

I don't recall now which I read first, Yeager's first assisted autobiography came out in '85, pretty sure I read Right Stuff after I watched the film in '83 - not quite the same story of course.

Both the film and Wolfe's book were grand storytelling - James Michener's 'Space' is a great one too come to think of it, although total fiction compared Right Stuff.

Comment

5/11 4:00 pm. He's up again, sitting here enjoying a cold Bud, the sun and the Bear hauling ass :-) What is better than that.

Comment

Working...
                              X