P-51 Over Boise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-51 Over Boise

Any one know who is out cruising around Boise in a P-51 this am (9:40am). He was too far away from my house to identify. Flew a pattern for the airport then headed East. Most likely back to Nampa.

Re: P-51 Over Boise

Might be "Section 8". It is from Idaho.
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

I heard it too cause it woke me up! You gotta love that sound. It could possibly be Mark Peterson. I know he has two Mustangs at the Boise airport that he routinely takes up. It could have been "Diamond Back" or "Hell er Bust.". Here is a link for more info. He flew "Hell er Bust" last year at Caldwell Airport's "Celebration of Flight" and his routine was simply amazing!

Classic warbird aerobatics for airshows using the P-51 Mustang and Dornier Alpha Jet

He flies both quite often during the nicer months and can be seen in the skies around Boise so keep those ears pointed too the sky for the sound of that sweet Merlin!
      Last edited by Matt58; 05-10-2012, 11:09 AM.
      "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Maybe it was Boise Bee He raced for the first time last year

Comment

THat definitely is an option, but JCP and the gang keep that one at the Caldwell airport along with the P-40. When they go up, they usually stick around Caldwell, but there is a possibility that could have been "Boise Bee."
          "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Diamondback was at Chino last weekend so maybe Mr. Peterson made a liesurely trip home after the show?

Comment

Was not me in the Boise Bee....Must have been Mark in Diamond Back. We keep all of our aircraft at the Nampa airport in the Warhawk Air Museum as well as Hell-Er-Bust. I actually do fly the P-40's and the Boise Bee over Boise quite often as that's where I live and I have 4 kids that love it when I fly over their schools or games!

Please check out or new 360 virtual tour of the Warhawk Air Museum and visit us on Facebook!

Visit the Warhawk Air Museum, a military history museum in Nampa, Idaho for historic Warbirds and war planes and personal memorabilia from the American experience of WWI, WWII, Vietnam and Korea.

JC

Comment

Working...
              X