Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Zwillingsbiber Brothers Twin Concepts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Zwillingsbiber Brothers Twin Concepts.

Nice story on the Zwillingsbiber brothers and their twin concepts.

Re: The Zwillingsbiber Brothers Twin Concepts.

Very cool link, and great reading. Thank you very much.

I was beginning to wonder if Harold Wagner was going to appear in there as I worked my way down the page of twin-body flyers, Once I stopped drooling over the photo of all the P-82s under manufacture I scrolled down further and sure enough, there he was with his doubled-up Piper Cub. I've heard of both him and that Piper several times over the years.

Harold Wagner

One of the details I recall about that unusual aircraft was the way the propellers overlapped by several inches due to the fuselages being mounted so close together. He had to add a short hub extension to one engine so the props would clear each other.

He also did a Piper Tri-Pacer mod with 2 engines sitting up front, mounted side by side. That one just didn't look RIGHT to me:

Both engines rotated in the same direction...

You can see the propeller extension in this view...

>>>>>>>>>>>>> More Duallies? <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

ADDITIONAL: I did run across one more flying "Two-fer" that wasn't mentioned on the original featured page:

Twin Ercoupe

The comment found for this aircraft stated that it had been converted specifically for airshow work.

A comment on a website states that the "Twin 'Coupe" was built by Grady Thrasher for use in the "Thrasher Brother's Air Show" in 1946. It continued to say the aircraft was used until Grady retired from airshow flying for the US Army in 1950. According to this source, the Twin Ercoupe was sold to a dealer in Ercoupe dealer in Columbus, Georgia who scavenged it for parts.

A search of the FAA registration database says that NX93384 was a 1946 Ercoupe 415-C, s/n 707. The last registered owner was Elbert Elms of Collinsville, IL.

Again, thx for the "goodies".

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 05-09-2012, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Great story(s)

Although I'm a little disappointed. About half-way down the page, I was expecting a twin book of matches...

Thanks. Made my day

Comment

Another interesting aspect of the twin cub (2 PA-11's) one engine was a Cont 65 and the other was either a Cont 85 or 90.

Comment

Make sure you click on the link at the end of the story to download th e drawings of the twin Beaver
          Russ
          Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

First cousins of the Humdinger's, IIRC...

Comment

Hey Sani-..... wasn't this your family's project?

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
              X