Rest In Peace Arnie Schreder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest In Peace Arnie Schreder

In case some hadn't heard, Arnie Schreder formerly of Buffalo Airways and the TV show 'Ice Pilots NWT', passed away on Sunday. He had been battling lung cancer for a couple of years.
    Last edited by Unlimited Fan; 05-08-2012, 08:32 PM. Reason: added material

Re: Rest In Peace Arnie Schreder

Originally posted by Unlimited Fan View Post
    In case some hadn't heard, Arnie Schreder formerly of Buffalo Airways and the TV show 'Ice Pilots NWT', passed away on Sunday. He had been battling lung cancer for a couple of years.
    Oh crap! He was one of my favorites... Buffalo Joe is a bit rough around the edges for my tastes but Arnie, really seemed to be the real deal! He also seemed to be in pretty crappy health.

Ice Pilots is a fantastic show... in fact, there are a number of shows coming in from the cold country that are, in my opinion, high entertainment! They take you places that you would, in all likelihood, never see otherwise.. Like single engine approach in a C-46!

I know that all of the "reality" shows are, at least, somewhat... "scripted" but none-the-less... since I almost never watch the "Singer" "Ahhmerika's Idol (or whatever it is)".. or all the other "talent" contest type crap we're fed weekly... or regular network fare in general for that matter. I live for shows like "Deadliest Catch" "Ice Pilots" "Coast Guard Alaska"... etc etc... The "cast" become almost like family...

Blue Skies Arnie, you mentored many young airmen and I'm sure you will be remembered fondly by many. I never met you but I'll always remember you.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
      Oh crap! He was one of my favorites... Buffalo Joe is a bit rough around the edges for my tastes but Arnie, really seemed to be the real deal! He also seemed to be in pretty crappy health.

Ice Pilots is a fantastic show... in fact, there are a number of shows coming in from the cold country that are, in my opinion, high entertainment! They take you places that you would, in all likelihood, never see otherwise.. Like single engine approach in a C-46!

I know that all of the "reality" shows are, at least, somewhat... "scripted" but none-the-less... since I almost never watch the "Singer" "Ahhmerika's Idol (or whatever it is)".. or all the other "talent" contest type crap we're fed weekly... or regular network fare in general for that matter. I live for shows like "Deadliest Catch" "Ice Pilots" "Coast Guard Alaska"... etc etc... The "cast" become almost like family...

Blue Skies Arnie, you mentored many young airmen and I'm sure you will be remembered fondly by many. I never met you but I'll always remember you.
      Yeah Wayne, I was sorry to bring the news to your board, but thought it should be mentioned.

Yes, Arnie seemed to be just a regular guy who just happened to be a fantastic pilot with 60,000 hours in the air. Seemed as if you'd have to shove a stick of dynamite down his pants to rattle him. Joe seems to be a bit rough as you say, but Arnie seemed pretty steady.

It is nice to have shows like 'Ice Pilots' on TV as an alternative to all the crap that passes for entertainment these days. I love the stuff they do with the CL-215s and I've even developed a soft spot for the Lockheed Electras that Buffalo is using - turbine engine, but at least it has a prop !!!!
      Did you see the 'Dambusters' special show that was on recently? They showed a bit of the happenings on 'Ice Pilots', but there was also an hour-long account of the "reinactment" with Arnie hitting the bulls-eye with a spinning bomb launched from a Buffalo DC-4.

It's cool to see the young pilots who seem genuinely passionate about flying the actual 'working' piston-engine planes that in most cases went out of service decades ago.

High entertainment indeed !!!!!

Blue skies Arnie. I, like many, never met him, but will remember him too

Comment

One of my airplane magazines has a short article about Buffalo's C-46 having an incident in Yelloknife. I hope everyone is ok, and the C-46 will take to the air again. RIP Arnie.

Comment

Blue Skies Arnie. RIP
          Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
          X