Nice shots Ken. Thanks for sharing!
    Tony

Comment

Re: A Bit of Chino

Nice photos Stano! Say hi to R.

Franko

Comment

Great shots Ken & thanks f/posting these (especially f/those of us who could'nt make it to 'The Big Show')

DBD

P.S. How 'bout a shot of the Zero trio in the air together? (PLEASE!)

Comment

Wow, that's like the exact same four shots I was going to post.

To say the light out there is tough barely begins to describe the joys of shooting at Chino.

Seeing the Horsemen with a P-38 flying lead...priceless.
          Attached Files
          No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
          http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Wow, the Griffon Spit is so beautiful. I never saw it before, is it a MkXIVe or a MkXVIII?
            First I thought that it's the Chino based MkXIV but the one in flight has a low back fuselage.

Comment

Originally posted by Florian View Post
              Wow, the Griffon Spit is so beautiful. I never saw it before, is it a MkXIVe or a MkXVIII?
              First I thought that it's the Chino based MkXIV but the one in flight has a low back fuselage.
              I believe that is the old David Price Mk. XIV Spit now flown by the So. Cal. wing of the CAF.

Comment

Thanks Big Jim!
                Then it's probably this one: http://www.cafsocal.com/spitfire.htm

Comment

What are the odds of it being lured up to Reno? That would be sweet. Who cares if its only a Bronze contender, it would be awesome to see. I'll be up front, I've never seen a Spitfire fly in person, and I'd love to see one some day. One rounding the pylons, double bonus.

Will

Comment

Hey Bucky...I hope ignomini and I have filled your request.

Yes the light was tough but there were times that one just has to put the camera down and watch the show. The Tigercat was absolutely amazing.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Chino was great this year, great warbirds, Silverwings, Clay Lacy, Rob Harrison and Sean freakin' Tucker making his first Chino appearance. Wifey and I had a fantastic time.

I swear, you would think that having just turned 60, and having been in the airshow biz since '79 that Sean would eventually plateau but he just keeps getting better - his routine is just jaw droppingly good.

Dennis Sanders in the SeaFury also remains an impressive favorite.

As someone who is just taking up competition aerobatics, it remains an absolute pleasure to witness Sean, and Rob, Hartley and Margaret at Silverwings, Clay in his smoke-equipped Learjet.

Throw in the PoF gang and friends putting 25 warbirds up - what a great show!!

Comment

Some from Friday practice...
                        Attached Files

Comment

And some static stuff...
                          Attached Files

Comment

This is the first year I mostly didn't shoot and watched the show with my eyes . Loved it .

Comment

There was an airshow in Chino? I thought it was just a slightly busy weekend

Thanks for all the photos everyone. Those of us working behind the scenes rely on all the great pictures from everyone else.

Glad ya'll had fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X